Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

Using the RTMP works however it’s no good when out and about as you need the laptop. I agree that it needs to be done through the GoPro App.
Tourist

Exactly!! I’m not using my GoPro in my house! It’s a sports camera. COME ON GOPRO, STEP UP YOUR GAME. Get this resolved. Please!
Tourist

Yup, same pain for me too, wish the native app would support pages.

For now if I want to stream live from field, I need to bring my (super) old Android phone and:

1: Set my iphone as hotspot

2: connect the android phone on the hotspot (as it doesn't have it's own SIM/plan)

3: prepare the streaming on android phone chrome-bworser using desktop-mode

4: set gopro through the iphone

5: catch the stream on android and make it live

And now thinking about it, since the gopro needs also wifi does that even work connecting to the same phone hotspot while configuring it? Or do I need to have separate phone to act as hotspot?

Bottom line: Too much trouble, I just rather live stream from my iphone. Really considering returning the gopro since the feature is pretty useless at the moment. 

Hiker

@littleeds-j wrote:
Exactly!! I’m not using my GoPro in my house! It’s a sports camera. COME ON GOPRO, STEP UP YOUR GAME. Get this resolved. Please!

It is by no means ideal (not letting GoPro off the hook here), but you can start the live session from a smartphone by setting your browser to "Desktop Site".  Then change the m.facebook to www.facebook.  From there, follow the instructions above.

Tourist

I’m going to try that! I never thought about desktop mode on my phone browser. Thank you.
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@sproatleydroneI made a video on how to get a stream from the karma drone. not the simplest solution, but it works! and low lag. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=vBs_4PFY9CU

In this video I show you how to live stream with the GoPro Karma Drone! Subscribe To Keep Up With Us! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW8GR2jDzFbxfrsEtuhY3Hw? Follow Us! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 📧Email: ...
Tourist

@lynkspyder wrote:

@littleeds-j wrote:

It is by no means ideal (not letting GoPro off the hook here), but you can start the live session from a smartphone by setting your browser to "Desktop Site".  Then change the m.facebook to www.facebook.  From there, follow the instructions above.

My experience it works with Android but not iphone. Or have you been able to do that also with iphone?

Tourist

Nope... Not on iPhone. I'm trying to setup a persistent link on Facebook and then just use that link all the time but the facebook link provided is invalid.

This is WAY to hard. GoPro, please help!