Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

Glad that helped :)

As far as the streaming from the drone, usually connections on the camera are disabled when connected to the drone. I'm not certain if this is the case with live streaming but I'm not willing to try it, even if it's possible. The last thing you want is any Wi-Fi signals that may conflict with the Karma Controller Wi-Fi signal. Also, I'm not sure you'll be able to get the drone very far before the signal cuts from your phone.

Let us know how it works out if you try it. Make sure you give the drone a little longer to acquire GPS before flying, just in case. Also, don't forget to calibrate the compass and check the kp index.
Tourist

Hmmmm yes you make a valid point.

I think I will just stick to recording an upload that footage later on lol

Thanks

Hiker

We too are disappointed that it is not natively configured to accommodate FaceBook Groups. But, using RTMP is an option. When you are on Facebook and click "Go Live" you will see 2 tabs at the top: Camera and Connections. Click the Connections tab to get to the RTMP page. Check the checkbox to use persistent stream key. Then copy the Server URL as well as he persistent stream key. I send this to my device via email so I can copy and paste it into the GoPro app. Then from the GoPro app, Go to the Live section and click on the FaceBook icon. Then select "Other" or "RTMP" (I have seen it different ways on different devices). Paste the RTMP URL in this format: rtmp://URL/PERSISTENTKEY
Click start live session on your GoPro. This will feed a stream session to FaceBook, but you will not be live until you click the button in FaceBook to start the live session.

But yea, native group support in the App would be just a touch easier.
Tourist

Thanks for the work around. My biggest issue with this is you have to be on a desktop or non iPhone to accomplish this. I tried this method while access Facebook via safari with view as desktop and you need Flash to view the RTMP data and Apple and Flash are still fighting apparently. Shame.

GoPro please add a feature to natively change the output on Facebook to pages or groups we admin. This is the whole reason I purchased the Hero 7.
GoPro

Thank you for sharing, and the details you provided, @lynkspyder and @photogromer. We will let our team know about this. We will update this thread as we get any update, fix or information, in general. Best regards!

Tourist

Yes ideally I need to be able to do this from an iPhone as I am going to make corporate videos and live stream while out in the field but I don't want anything corporate on my personal Facebook.

I'm sure this will be a feature soon but can't wait to get my hands on the 7, my Hero 5 Black has been awesome.

The only thing I could do with now is the GoPro Quick app to be available on Chromebook OS!!!

thanks 

Sightseer

Has anyone figured out how to live stream from the buisness page yet. I put a call into gopro tech support and they put a ticket out and said they would reply to me in 24hrs hopefully they figure it out

Tourist

It's mentioned above, the process works for pages too. This is the only work around currently and you have to do it from a computer. 

"We too are disappointed that it is not natively configured to accommodate FaceBook Groups. But, using RTMP is an option. When you are on Facebook and click "Go Live" you will see 2 tabs at the top: Camera and Connections. Click the Connections tab to get to the RTMP page. Check the checkbox to use persistent stream key. Then copy the Server URL as well as he persistent stream key. I send this to my device via email so I can copy and paste it into the GoPro app. Then from the GoPro app, Go to the Live section and click on the FaceBook icon. Then select "Other" or "RTMP" (I have seen it different ways on different devices). Paste the RTMP URL in this format: rtmp://URL/PERSISTENTKEY
Click start live session on your GoPro. This will feed a stream session to FaceBook, but you will not be live until you click the button in FaceBook to start the live session.

But yea, native group support in the App would be just a touch easier."

@jverholtz wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to live stream from the buisness page yet. I put a call into gopro tech support and they put a ticket out and said they would reply to me in 24hrs hopefully they figure it out