Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

[ New ]
I’m an administrator to a business page and want to go live on that page, not my personal Facebook page. Why isn’t this option available!?!?! 2 reasons I bought this camera 1) Facebook live to a page & 2) video stabilization.

Does anyone know a work around for going live directly to a page you administer on Facebook?

Thanks!
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

[ New ]

Hi @littleeds-j

What error message are you getting?

Please make sure that you are logged in with your preferred Facebook profile before starting live stream.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
It live streams to my personal page with no issues. The problem is that i’d Like to stream to a page I administer that is not my personal page.

We should be able to pick the destination, no?
Sightseer

[ New ]
I’m in the exact sameness position and extremely frustrated. I bought the GoPro specifically to livestream to my business Facebook PAGE, not personal page! When is there going to be an update for this to happen!!
Tourist

[ New ]
Yep, super frustrating as this is why I purchased the camera. Such a simple option to be able to Facebook to a page, as this is surely extremely common that not many personal pages want to really take advantage of the live-streaming capabilities. Is there a fix here? A work around or an update scheduled?
Tourist

[ New ]

I am also wondering if this is something GoPro are going to work on as we want to live stream straight to our Business facebook page and not a personal account.

Also on a seperate question;  Can the Hero 7 Black live stream from the drone?  I know it needs WiFi through a mobile phone but i'm wondering if anyone has tried this?

Explorer

[ New ]
Have you tried Live Streaming Using an RTMP URL?
Tourist

[ New ]

Actually you have just answered my question.  I could live stream to a company youtube channel instead of Facebook!

Not sure about the Drone yet though, will have to try it but yet to buy the 7 so will have to wait until I do which I reckon will be this week :)

Explorer

[ New ]
Glad that helped :)

As far as the streaming from the drone, usually connections on the camera are disabled when connected to the drone. I'm not certain if this is the case with live streaming but I'm not willing to try it, even if it's possible. The last thing you want is any Wi-Fi signals that may conflict with the Karma Controller Wi-Fi signal. Also, I'm not sure you'll be able to get the drone very far before the signal cuts from your phone.

Let us know how it works out if you try it. Make sure you give the drone a little longer to acquire GPS before flying, just in case. Also, don't forget to calibrate the compass and check the kp index.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hmmmm yes you make a valid point.

I think I will just stick to recording an upload that footage later on lol

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]
We too are disappointed that it is not natively configured to accommodate FaceBook Groups. But, using RTMP is an option. When you are on Facebook and click "Go Live" you will see 2 tabs at the top: Camera and Connections. Click the Connections tab to get to the RTMP page. Check the checkbox to use persistent stream key. Then copy the Server URL as well as he persistent stream key. I send this to my device via email so I can copy and paste it into the GoPro app. Then from the GoPro app, Go to the Live section and click on the FaceBook icon. Then select "Other" or "RTMP" (I have seen it different ways on different devices). Paste the RTMP URL in this format: rtmp://URL/PERSISTENTKEY
Click start live session on your GoPro. This will feed a stream session to FaceBook, but you will not be live until you click the button in FaceBook to start the live session.

But yea, native group support in the App would be just a touch easier.
Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for the work around. My biggest issue with this is you have to be on a desktop or non iPhone to accomplish this. I tried this method while access Facebook via safari with view as desktop and you need Flash to view the RTMP data and Apple and Flash are still fighting apparently. Shame.

GoPro please add a feature to natively change the output on Facebook to pages or groups we admin. This is the whole reason I purchased the Hero 7.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, and the details you provided, @lynkspyder and @photogromer. We will let our team know about this. We will update this thread as we get any update, fix or information, in general. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes ideally I need to be able to do this from an iPhone as I am going to make corporate videos and live stream while out in the field but I don't want anything corporate on my personal Facebook.

I'm sure this will be a feature soon but can't wait to get my hands on the 7, my Hero 5 Black has been awesome.

The only thing I could do with now is the GoPro Quick app to be available on Chromebook OS!!!

thanks 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Has anyone figured out how to live stream from the buisness page yet. I put a call into gopro tech support and they put a ticket out and said they would reply to me in 24hrs hopefully they figure it out

Hiker

[ New ]

It's mentioned above, the process works for pages too. This is the only work around currently and you have to do it from a computer. 

"We too are disappointed that it is not natively configured to accommodate FaceBook Groups. But, using RTMP is an option. When you are on Facebook and click "Go Live" you will see 2 tabs at the top: Camera and Connections. Click the Connections tab to get to the RTMP page. Check the checkbox to use persistent stream key. Then copy the Server URL as well as he persistent stream key. I send this to my device via email so I can copy and paste it into the GoPro app. Then from the GoPro app, Go to the Live section and click on the FaceBook icon. Then select "Other" or "RTMP" (I have seen it different ways on different devices). Paste the RTMP URL in this format: rtmp://URL/PERSISTENTKEY
Click start live session on your GoPro. This will feed a stream session to FaceBook, but you will not be live until you click the button in FaceBook to start the live session.

But yea, native group support in the App would be just a touch easier."

@jverholtz wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to live stream from the buisness page yet. I put a call into gopro tech support and they put a ticket out and said they would reply to me in 24hrs hopefully they figure it out

Sightseer

[ New ]
Using the RTMP works however it’s no good when out and about as you need the laptop. I agree that it needs to be done through the GoPro App.
Tourist

[ New ]
Exactly!! I’m not using my GoPro in my house! It’s a sports camera. COME ON GOPRO, STEP UP YOUR GAME. Get this resolved. Please!
Tourist

[ New ]

Yup, same pain for me too, wish the native app would support pages.

For now if I want to stream live from field, I need to bring my (super) old Android phone and:

1: Set my iphone as hotspot

2: connect the android phone on the hotspot (as it doesn't have it's own SIM/plan)

3: prepare the streaming on android phone chrome-bworser using desktop-mode

4: set gopro through the iphone

5: catch the stream on android and make it live

And now thinking about it, since the gopro needs also wifi does that even work connecting to the same phone hotspot while configuring it? Or do I need to have separate phone to act as hotspot?

Bottom line: Too much trouble, I just rather live stream from my iphone. Really considering returning the gopro since the feature is pretty useless at the moment. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@littleeds-j wrote:
Exactly!! I’m not using my GoPro in my house! It’s a sports camera. COME ON GOPRO, STEP UP YOUR GAME. Get this resolved. Please!

It is by no means ideal (not letting GoPro off the hook here), but you can start the live session from a smartphone by setting your browser to "Desktop Site".  Then change the m.facebook to www.facebook.  From there, follow the instructions above.

Tourist

[ New ]
I’m going to try that! I never thought about desktop mode on my phone browser. Thank you.
Tourist

[ New ]

@sproatleydroneI made a video on how to get a stream from the karma drone. not the simplest solution, but it works! and low lag. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=vBs_4PFY9CU

In this video I show you how to live stream with the GoPro Karma Drone!Subscribe To Keep Up With Us!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW8GR2jDzFbxfrsEtuhY3Hw?...
Tourist

[ New ]

@lynkspyder wrote:

@littleeds-j wrote:

It is by no means ideal (not letting GoPro off the hook here), but you can start the live session from a smartphone by setting your browser to "Desktop Site".  Then change the m.facebook to www.facebook.  From there, follow the instructions above.

My experience it works with Android but not iphone. Or have you been able to do that also with iphone?

Tourist

[ New ]
Nope... Not on iPhone. I'm trying to setup a persistent link on Facebook and then just use that link all the time but the facebook link provided is invalid.

This is WAY to hard. GoPro, please help!
Tourist

[ New ]

Just chiming in to say I'm in the same boat and this is the main reason I bought the camera.  I do a lot of FB Live videos for my business page and have been using a Mevo or my iPhone.  I was really looking forward to having this option available on the GoPro.

When I log into Facebook from the app it lets me choose how to show it to, and it does have my business page as an option.  However, when I go to actually start the stream it only allows posting to my personal page.  I'm not sure how this feature was overlooked in initial development.  Very frustrated and unhappy with my purchase right now.

Tourist

[ New ]
I hear you. Everyone with this issue needs to comment. GoPro needs to fix this ASAP.
Tourist

[ New ]

A school i support also want this feature to be able to live stream plays which parents can watch when they can't make it to a play.  I have a feeling this will soon be a feature, shame if not.

Explorer

[ New ]
Can the school not use RTMP for some reason?
Explorer

[ New ]
For feedback that will reach developers and GoPro management, you want to leave it here https://gopro.com/feedback

This site is a community forum and only moderated by a few GoPro employees. The community is mostly for member to member help and tips.
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm not the school, but I can't get mine to connect via RTMP.  When I click to set it up it just stays on the screen with the two spinning circles constantly.  Also loses connection to the app a lot.  I've had nothing but problems trying to use if for live streaming.

Hiker

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
For feedback that will reach developers and GoPro management, you want to leave it here https://gopro.com/feedback

This site is a community forum and only moderated by a few GoPro employees. The community is mostly for member to member help and tips.

For what it's worth, we posted some comments at the feedback hub.  At the end of the submission, the following page came up.  Given the age of these products, I am concerned the feedback is dropped into a black hole.

goprofeedback.JPG

Explorer

[ New ]

Are you pasting both the addedad and key into the required field? There are some YouTube videos that explain how to get it to work. 

Tourist

[ New ]

There is a place to put the address but not the key, I'll look into it.  Maybe this is operator error.

Hiker

[ New ]

@toughwater4618 wrote:

There is a place to put the address but not the key, I'll look into it.  Maybe this is operator error.

The key gets embedded in the address.  So:

rtmp://address/key

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Same as everyone else here.  Although I have not purchased yet and will not be able to use for my purpose until it can go to a Facebook page.  I live stream for a travel sports team and do not take a laptop to be able to mess with RTMP

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bolddive3043,

We'll submit that to our team and check if that feature will be added on the next update. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey guys... just tested with my new camera and was able to stream to a Facebook page through the RTMP.

All you need to do is use the format of rtmp://address/key... 

Hiker

[ New ]

@nicemesa7157 wrote:

Hey guys... just tested with my new camera and was able to stream to a Facebook page through the RTMP.

All you need to do is use the format of rtmp://address/key... 

It's not that it doesn't work.  It is that when you are in the field, it is dificult to manage with just your phone.  In fact, you have to have 3 devices: a hotspot for wifi, a phone to manage the app, and a laptop to start the RTMP stream.  This should all be possible with just the single phone with the app.  That is how Mevo does it, which is who GoPro is chasing at this point.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I can agree with you there... Definitely a process but many are still having trouble trying to get it to work as it's not as intuitive as it should be.
Tourist

[ New ]

>That is how Mevo does it, which is who GoPro is chasing at this point.

I actually got this in the hopes of replacing my Mevo and being able to trim one device I have to carry around.

Hiker

[ New ]

@toughwater4618 wrote:

>That is how Mevo does it, which is who GoPro is chasing at this point.

I actually got this in the hopes of replacing my Mevo and being able to trim one device I have to carry around.

I just did a quick MEVO Plus livestream to our FaceBook page over lunch.  Here are the items that Mevo does out of the box, that the HERO7 will not do (currently).  All could be fixed in the HERO7 with software:

1.) Upside down camera detection
2.) Stream natively to FaceBook Groups (even YouTube and several others) without RTMP.
3.) Ability to change FOV. The Mevo even has zoom and crop to perfectly compose the shot.
4.) Better audio adjustment.
5.) Single smartphone (iphone works best) manages camera as well as streams using the data plan (this is huge!)

Here is the facebook post, if anyone wants to see the video (and my ugly mug):

http://www.facebook.com/Lynkspyder/videos/185604355672038

Tourist

[ New ]
Can someone that has the Hero7 comfirm that you can start a live stream from your phone to your personal page like normal and then immediately share the live stream to your business page and see if that works? I was told it does and while not ideal for a business, it would certainly be a viable workaround in my situation of stream sporting games to our team page.
Tourist

[ New ]

ola,

effectivement grande deception actuellement au niveau du live, impossible de diffuser sur la page fan ( byzness page )

plusieurs solutions en attendant une mise à jour qui pourrait corriger :

- faire un live avec youtube afin de diffuser sur la page facebook est possible je l'ai tester

- sinon diffusion du live sur son compte perso facebook et partager sur sa page fan, par contre toutes les stats iront pour le compte perso !

je signal egalement la grande difficulté du processus de connection avec la camera , obliger de recommencer plusieur fois la manip ulation.

l'ideal serait une mise à jour qui permettrait du choisir une diffusion facebook sur 

- compte perso 

ou page 

ou groupe

à part ce bug LIVE tt le reste est super la qualité du stab, tournage en basse lumiere , script rec insta, time warp...

bravo GOPRO 

LASKO

Ambassador Gopro

ola,

actually big disappointment currently in the live, impossible to broadcast on the fan page (byzness page)

several solutions pending an update that could correct:

- make a live with youtube to broadcast on the facebook page is possible i have tested it

- If not broadcast the live on his personal facebook account and share on his fan page, however all the stats will go to the personal account!

I also point out the great difficulty of the process of connection with the camera, obliging to repeat several times the manipulation.

the ideal would be an update that would allow to choose a broadcast facebook on

- personal account

or page

or group

apart from this bug LIVE tt the rest is great the quality of the stab, shooting in low light, script rec insta, time warp ...

GOPRO bravo

LASKO

Ambassador Gopro

Sightseer

[ New ]

Please add the facebook pages streaming as soon as possible! We need to stream from page, not personale profile!!! Thankssss

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

I tried to broadcast a live facebook on my business page by following the steps to broadcast via RMTP, without success.

At the time of launching the live after having followed all the configuration steps, it puts me a message "connection error".

Am I the only one to whom this happens?

What a pain and what a pity that live on a business page is not as simple and intuitive as a personal page ... Man Sad

Tourist

[ New ]

Forgive me if you already tried this or if I'm misunderstanding your issue, but after a few hours of trying to get things to work I realized I was entering the RTMP address incorrectly (I received the same message as you).

The address and key are entered together in the "Enter Your RTMP URL" field in the following format (for Facebook):

rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/<key>

Though it should also be noted, for those tying to stream to a Faceook Page from the field, streaming via RTMP simply provides the feed to Facebook.  You still need to "GO LIVE" from your Facebook page to stream the video feed, and this can currently only be done on a desktop/laptop (as far as I can tell, none of the Facebook apps will allow you to activate the Facebook Live feed).

So, as a previous user stated, in order to stream to a Facebook Page you need 4 devices:  The GoPro, a hotspot device, a second device (phone or tablet) with the GoPro app on it to control the camera, and a laptop/desktop computer logged into your Facebook Page to start the live feed.

Ugh, it's awful.

Nomad

[ New ]
@loyaltree62887,

If you browse facebook on your phone and set the browsing mode to 'desktop site' and then remove the 'm.' from the start of the Facebook url that will take you to the desktop version, you can then hit the 'go lives' button.
Tourist

[ New ]

Kindly fix this go live feature on a particular fb page, as this was the major reason why I bought this device , if somehow not fixed I would have to return it then

Tourist

[ New ]
So if I understand : on my facebook page i have 2 lines :
First RTMP url
And one Line with the key

I have to write them together on my GoPro App when I choose Facebook live configuration with RTMP ?

Am i wright ?

Thanks for helping me 👍🏻
I’ll try this and post here i it works.

Cheers !
Nomad

[ New ]
@biggdavs,

Yes, you need the rtmp url and the key