Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black keeps turning on by itself

I had previously manually installed the update and I never did have wifi on, however running equipment without it's features so it runs correctly doesn't really seem like a fix... I reset the camera to factory after manually installing again and turned off wake on voice and so far so good but it never was consistant so only time will tell.

Highlighted
Sightseer

When I read that turning off autoload cured the problem went straight to the preferences... It was already off so that is not the answer...
Highlighted
Sightseer

Here I am, almost a year later (and several years later, from the looks of the search results), with the exact same problem on a brand new Hero 7 Silver. Yes, I've updated the firmware, and I'm on the latest version. 

It is ludicrous to think that after all this time, the only solution is to turn off the connectivity in the camera. I can't believe what a pathetic software design decision this is. If the software I wrote made this much sense, I'd be on the streets eating from a dumpster.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hopkr

If you haven't yet, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue! Keeps turning on an recording for 8mins 20 secs. Wife freaking out!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @djhtaylor

Were you able to go through the steps suggested above?

If it's still the same, please let our Support Team know through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Just turned off voice and auto load and done a factory reset. will see if it records anything tonight
Highlighted
GoPro

@djhtaylor, let us know how it goes.