Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black help for a beginner

Thanks for the upate, @janines2188. Typically, image quality issues are resolved by reinstalling the firmware update of the camera. Also ensure that you are using a recommended SD card for your camera. If you haven't try yet, see if you get the same results when using a different recommended SD card.

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Ok, so I just tried turning OFF the stabilisation, and it's recording fine now, go figure. The one setting I hadn't tried changing, urgh.

Hopefully I will get to use it horse riding tomorrow and give it a real test.

I will still do the manual update tonight.

Highlighted
Adventurer

So if you turn on Hypersmooth that happens.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, turned stabilisation off, it recorded fine. Turned it back on, jittery again, even if the camera is sitting dead still on the desk.

I'll try the manual update tonight and see if that sorts it, but as long as I can get reasonable footage without it, I can cope. I just want to be able to record my forest horse rides, and take the occasional video when travelling. I'm a long way from being fancy with my footage, I'm still teaching myself basic video editing.