Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black help for a beginner

[ Edited ]

I bought a Hero 7 Black a couple of months ago. My issue is that, while taking photos is fine, any video I have recorded is horribly choppy. Even if the video is recorded while the camera is sitting on the desk, the video looks like it is all over the place. I got better quality video using my friend's old 3+ silver model. 

First question is - should the video look ok in the camera preview? It's choppy there too, as well as in the app on my iPhone X, and on my laptop in Adobe Premiere Rush.

Second question is - how do I fix this? I have made sure camera is up to date. I am using a recommended SD card. I have tried reducing the resolution/frame rate. Nothing has helped. I don't have many options in terms of upgrading my computer. Please keep any recommended solutions suitable for a non-expert in IT matters ;)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black help for a beginner

[ Edited ]

Ok, so I just tried turning OFF the stabilisation, and it's recording fine now, go figure. The one setting I hadn't tried changing, urgh.

Hopefully I will get to use it horse riding tomorrow and give it a real test.

I will still do the manual update tonight.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

go to dropbox load the clip show us.    can you do that?

Highlighted
Explorer

Dropbox would be best, as you can upload the original file and no processing will be done to it, however, if you do not have this option, you can also upload to YouTube and post the video here.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Choppiness  should not happen on the camera, but I did see a video of  some one in a car that had chopiness   so  I would say  sd card but before WE (Dan and I jump) more info is needed.

Highlighted
GoPro

You may also check: How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9uoboxpw7d3hoy/GH010066.MP4?dl=0

This was taken with default set up straight out of the box. It is typical of what is happening. If I preview in the camera, it looks like this.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @janines2188

Thanks for sharing a sample file.

Try resetting the camera to its factory settings

If it's still the same, re-flashing the software is the next step.

Please refer to this link and follow "Update your camera manually".

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Ej. I have restored to factory settings and it is still the same. I will have to do the manual update tonight, as my work laptop doesn't have a card reader, so will report in after that (NB: I'm in NZ so my timezone won't be in synch with you guys)