Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black freezing, crashing, unexpected behavior

My BBB complaint ID# is 13271724. Please look for it, and file your own complaints. 

Hopefully, I've got your attention now, GoPro. It's time to fix this.

We paid $400 and traded in WORKING CAMERAS (some of us) for this turd. We want answers, results, and some of us want our money back. I will not stand by idly while people are receiving a product that fails them over and over again. 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I must be the luckiest guy in the world.   GoPros from the 3 onward used in all sorts of ways.   They keep on getting better too. 

BUT.

You need to geek on them at a quiet time.

There are folks nearing a WEEK trying to do an insta-automagic app update.  

I spent about 60 seconds doing it manually.

Same basic concept applies to many things?

Onward. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Too bad I'm outside of US and the hardware is pretty nasty when the screen and camera actually hangs. 

I'm trying to get my unit to get replaced but I have to wait for days to get it done in Malaysia.

Highlighted
Hiker

Certainly, this is a busy time of year.

Moreover I provide the counter argument that the large company pushing the product should be dotting their i's and crossing t's near the busy season.

Any seasoned executive should be well aware mistakes made in the last quarter can be 10× the severity of the same mistake in the 1st or 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking your comment personally, it's just objectively not of great use.

I have managed multiple software projects, while I haven't been fortunate enough to get into program management (relative to project management), it's still of no excuse, most importantly this is the type of issue that can't be solved in software on this type of application specific design hardware platform without jumping generations ahead in software development.
To simplify, this camera was designed to an intended specification in hardware, likely with limited modules and high bus speeds. I seriously doubt it's going to get much if any better from software. Think of video game consoles. This isn't like it's emulated hardware on a discreet single or even dual precision machine with a recompiler that can be rebuilt, redesigned and efficiency result changes expected. This is fixed good-as-it-needs-to-be hardware.
Highlighted
Explorer

@stanleym7236
We should be buying lottery tickets! I've owned every GoPro HERO since the 2010 HD. Each year, better and better! Loving the HERO7 Black! Amazing camera.
Highlighted
Nomad

GoPros are one of my favorite products.   

I use them all the time and have since the 3.   

I could tell from the first post that things would not work out with this user.  

Listed, genuine 32/64 Gb cards are the best for GoPros.  

Not sure what folks are doing with a 10 hour straight car video in high data rate 4K.  

Learn to use your GoPro at a quiet time and try things out.  

So much more fun that way. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

All Hail Mary... Dam not another Joker

Highlighted
Nomad

I wonder how many videos and pics have come thru my 7 since I got it in the tradein program.  

LOTS.  

It's the best GoPro yet really.