Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 Black freezing, crashing, unexpected behavior

[ Edited ]

@markd2563   I bought one of them from GoPro directly. I did the trade up program. I tried to do a refund but gopro told me that I would lose the $100 that they credited me for my trade in. And they were NOT able to just send my trade up camera back to me. So I would have been minus $100. SO NOT RIGHT. The other camera I bought at REI. I wish I would have just dealt with REI on that one camera. Too late now. GoPro has both of them. Still waiting on the SECOND set of replacement cameras. SO FRUSTRATING.

Highlighted
Explorer

@tj311 

It's spelled out in the Trade Up program agreement:

"Trade-in transactions are final; after you trade in your Eligible Used Device, you cannot get it back. Upon GoPro’s physical receipt of the Eligible Used Device and processing of the full payment for the Eligible New Devices by GoPro, title and ownership in the Eligible Used Device transfers to GoPro and you disclaim any further right, title or interest in and to the Eligible Used Device or any items (including without limitation memory cards) or data contained therein."  

You agreed to this when you sent your old camera in for Trade Up.

Additionally, while GoPro usually does send out brand new replacements, they make no promises to do so in the warranty agreement, which you agreed to by keeping the camera past the return period.  They do test the cameras before sending them out, so even a new camera will have some usage.  However, if stock is low, then I'm sure they have to go to return/refurb cameras to be able to get replacements out in a reasonable time.  The only thing GoPro is responsible for is, "GoPro's sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to repair or replace the defective part or product with a comparable part or product at GoPro's sole discretion."

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15
As far as sending out USED / REFURBISHED cameras as a replacement to a BRAND NEW camera... that's wrong when you specifically TELL your customer that BRAND NEW cameras are coming. Don't send me a camera full of scratches and a power button that's so far pushed in that it doesn't work. That's just WRONG!

Highlighted
Explorer

I don't send you anything. I don't tell you it's a brand new camera. I am not GoPro or an employee of GoPro. I have had replacements sent out to me in the past. I have received new cameras. I have read program details before engaging in them. I have read warranty information. I do pay attention to find print. I do own and use many GoPro cameras and accessories. I do think the HERO7 is by far the best action camera GoPro has ever made. I have used and tried competitors like Garmin, Yi, and DJI. I have also engaged those companies customer service. I do feel that GoPro not only makes the best Action Camera, they also day surpass the other companies in customer service. I don't throw temper tantrums on public community web pages. That's just WRONG! 😉
Highlighted
Hiker

Danielr15, if you don’t work for them a close friend or family member does.
Highlighted
Tourist

@weisserb wrote:
Danielr15, if you don’t work for them a close friend or family member does.

don't say this as the shill will fall over themselves to call you a troll.

Highlighted
Tourist

Lol at the person that ignores pages of pathetic customer service then claims they have good customer service and that it's our fault for not reading the "find print".
Highlighted
Tourist

Don't know about yi customer service every one I have bought is flawless no matter what SD card .My hero 7 is flat out unreliable period .did not waste my time on accessories for it bought a extra battery at purchase .
Made the mistake if just taking it to events .Will not do that again I can just take my Yi to a event . But if I go to a event with my hero 7 I have to bring my Yi also do to free up .So way bother bringing it at all .