Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black freezing, crashing, unexpected behavior

1) Did that (and tried another)

2) Did that

3) Did that

4) Did that

5) Did that - got a new one that does the same thing.

Number 4 is the only thing that has made any improvements.  But, this creates other issues.  And, while there is obviously less user data to go on with the Osmo, it does seem to have better cooling.  It may be missing a few features of the GoPro.  But those features are worthless if it won't stay on.  Compared to the number of 7's sold world wide, the number of people you know with one is miniscule.  The camera working as advertised doesn't seem to be a universal situation either.

Highlighted
Tourist

Lol thanks, let me try another sd card derp-de-derpderp.

These cameras are crap. Idk if the osmo action is any better yet, but considering for my purposes the hero 7 black is completely unusable, I'm gonna guess the osmo is no worse.
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15 it's rock solid for me. I have ZERO issues with external battery powering the camera. That's my complaint with the Hero 7. It doesn't handle external battery. Overheats and shuts off.
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15 I've been dealing with GoPro since I got the hero 7.
Highlighted
Hiker

Got my 2 replacement Hero 7 Black cameras yesterday and ended up sending them right back. They both had wear marks on the lens cover. I guess I got someone else's returned cameras. Another 3 weeks of waiting for the replacements. Once again... I got conflicting information from GoPro concerning the replacement cameras (are they new cameras like they tell me on the phone OR are they repaired cameras from the refurb center like they tell me on the chat). Also, I was told two different things when it comes to shipping. One says they'll expedite my replacements and one says they NEVER expedite replacement cameras. Which is it GoPro? Why do I get different answers depending on whether I'm chatting or whether I'm talking on the phone? What's going on at GoPro??

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi there, I feel like I'm in the same situation as you but not as highly qualified or with the approved SD card. I have a SanDIsk Pixtor 64 GB microsSD card. For my GoPro, I have the 1.7 update and I've restted my gopro and I still have similar issues such as yours. Has GoPro resolved your issue? If so what's the resolution? By the way, I have an older microSD card and I've tried testing out my gopro by removing the card and just basically using it as a live camera and guess what?! It freezes! When I thought it was the SD card, now I'm sure it isn't. Does GoPro have any resolution?

Highlighted
Tourist

If you just bought it and can return it for refund do it immediately.
Highlighted
Explorer

@grandstar18637 

You may need to get an exchange.  Using a recommended SD card and installing the manual update may help (even if you are on the latest firmware), but if it doesn't, either exchange where you purchased or contact the GoPro Support Team.  Although it's easy to see the post here and think that this is a rampant issue, it isn't.  Most people do not have this issue.  I, for example, purchased three HERO7 Black cameras and only one had freezing issues, but only when using a particular card.  Once I stopped using that card, I haven't had any issues.  Yes, there are frustrated/angry people on this post, and I do feel sorry for them, but you should first try replacing the camera (and of course using a recommended SD card and performing a manual update).

Manual Update

Recommended SD cards

GoPro Support Team