Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero 7 Black freezing, crashing, unexpected behavior

Forgot about the amazing Burst Mode! How's the Auto Burst and 30/1 second photo capability? Surely they don't mean to call 7/1 second Burst, right? That has to be a typo.
Highlighted
Explorer

At least the Osmo Action has HEVC so 4K video doesn't rapidly fill up your storage card. How is it's application of the much more efficient HEVC format?
Highlighted
Hiker

I like the feature where it can operate for more than 5 minutes without overheating.  Still waiting on GoPro to catch up on that one...

Highlighted
Explorer

Overheating.... Has never happened to me, my son, my neighbor, my brother in law, or the countless people I surf, mountain bike, rock climb, and motor-cross with.  Check your SD card, manual update, try a different card, and then contact GoPro Support if it's happening to you.

Highlighted
Hiker

There are 12 pages of people commenting who have had a different experience.  We've bought the approved SD cards (and tried all of them), done the updates, contacted GoPro, received a replacement, and it's still happening.  But, it never happened to you so it's obviously a hoax...

Highlighted
Explorer

Never called it a hoax. However, there are some simple solutions to this.
1) Use a recommended SD card (If you have issues, try another)
2) Install Manual Firmware Update
3) Make sure the camera is properly ventilated
4) Remove battery if using external power source (only use GoPro USB-C cables and 5V and 1A-2A power supply.
5) If you are still having issues, contact the GoPro Support Team for a replacement.

I mention overheating not happening to me or the many people I know using the camera is to point out that this is not a universal problem. Considering the number of HERO7 Black cameras sold world wide, the number of issues reported here are minuscule. 12 pages with many people with repeat post and others reporting no issues or just offering advice. The only hoax is that the Osmo Action is a better camera. It's not.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I was shooting video at a event when the camera first came out a d was freezing up and funny people came up to me there that we're having the same issue then and I have the same issue now tried every SD you can imagine format reinstalled software the camera has issues for sure . Like I posted it stays home in a drawer and I went back to Yi cams today .I have plenty of gimbels so not a big deal .They video when I need them to and don't fail while I'm videoing .For. Someone to come on here and act like himself and all these people he knows have them and they are perfect leads me to believe has not used it much possibly sponsors or possibly they put a better more efficient processor's in the newer ones and left the loyal customer who purchased early out to dry .

Highlighted
Explorer

Purchased on release day and use 4-5 times a week.