Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black freezing, crashing, unexpected behavior

I have the problem with hero 7 black even after changing my camera for a new one
Tourist

I put mine in a drawer and went back to my Yi
Have not used it again since about a month after original post done with GoPro .
Tourist

Explorer

Did you try a different SD card?
Adventurer

Yi did hte same with me back then when the company was deep into firmware fixing.

the sdxc card myst be  cleaned out if not the issues will continue on you'll get freezing, crashes etc.  I thought I did a walk on a boardwalk in  winter and every time I went to use the Yi it crashed. only way the crash stopped was to do a full format, something you can do with the Yi on the spot and not gopro they have two format levels. and that I liked.  

Tourist

Yes all recommend cards . This is not my first rodeo been using gopros since the hero 3+ . Was at a Jeep event and was not the only one there having to pull battery out and put it back in with this model . That was when I said this will be the last time I rely on this camera . My older gp work well just quality and stabilization sucks compared to my YI cams .No more confidence I don't believe there is going to be much of a market left for them if they come up with a new model to much competition out there to release cam with inferior sotware .
Hiker

Very unreliable, everytime coldsweats if my cam did not crap out during a event/game, it is just so unreliable and finnicky. I really regret spending so much money on the GP7 Pro.....

Hiker

Having similar issues with different (but all recomended) cards.  Usually when pressing the record button it will either start recording or restart the camera.  Occasionally it will just turn the camera off.  Throw in the occasional won't start without pulling and reinstalling a battery and it's a crap shoot of whether or not you will get the shot.  I use it mainly for capturing softball games in the same manor I used my Hero 4 black for the last 3 years without issue.  Definitely something going on with this camera.