Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black freezes when using with Mic Adapter

[ New ]

Hi,
The GoPro 7 does not work correctly with the GoPro Mic Adapter, which I recently purchased.
When it is contacted, the GoPro randomly stops recording or freezes compeltely and the battery has to be removed.

Without the Adapter it works perfectly.

I thought that my Adapter is faulty, but found that this issue is well known in the GoPro community.

Many people are complaining about it, but I did not find any solution.

Anyone who succeeded fixing it?

Thank you,

Istvan

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black freezes when using with Mic Adapter

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @istvan35710. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further in resolving the issue with the camera. 

When contacting them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @istvan35710

What version is the camera on? 

What kind of mic are you using? Have you tried using a different mic?

External Microphone Recommendations

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Aragon,

Thanks for your message.

Of course the FW is the latest 1.90.

I do not use mic, but line-in. And of course line-in input is selected in the GoPro's settings.

The problem exists when I

- connect the aircraft's headset output

- connect PC's or docking station's analog output

- does not connect anything (!!!) to the mic socket, but still using the USB-C power input of the adapter

When I use the same power input (tried different kinds) directly attached to the GoPro USB-C port, it works well.

When the Mic Adapter is in between the GoPro and the power source, the GoPro freezes or stops recording. It happens any time between 3 seconds and 30 minutes.

I also tried to contact your Support without success. Chat window pops up, but no content in it. When I choose Callback, it says invalid captcha, however there is no captcha on the screen. Pop-up is not blocked. Tried with Safari and Firefox.

Best regards,

Istvan

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @istvan35710. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further in resolving the issue with the camera. 

When contacting them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.