Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black doesn't turn On

[ Edited ]

A bought my new Hero 7 black 5 days ago.

That night I turned it on at home made de firmware update and got familiar with it.

Left over night for a full charge.

Next day morning I got out on my MTB bike for some filming

Everything OK!

When I got home I took the SD card and transfered the video footage to my PC. I was very satisfied.

Untill today.

I was getting everything ready for a new riding footage I turns out that there's no signal from the camera.

No charging light nothing

I tried everything so far:

a diferent charger; a different cable; with sd card in; with sd card out; pluged it without the battery; tried to reset it by honding the power button for 8 seconds, then tried pressing both buttons simultaneously.... Nothing!

I guess it's dead, there's no led light, no signal, no beep.....

Probably tomorrow I'll address the shop where I purchased it for repairing/replacement, right now I'm not shure

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black doesn't turn On

Hi @vampyr

Thank you for sharing the information.

Take the battery and the SD card out then plug the camera to a wall charger. See if the camera will power on.

If it does, insert the SD card then do a test recording.

If it doesn't respond at all, please get back to us with a picture of the cable and the charging adapter.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I already did that. No success.
Nothing at all!
I used two type C cables. The one that come with the gopro 7 black and afterwards with the one I have from my Gopro Session 5.
I also tried different 3 different wall chargers. One from my smartphone Sony Xperia z5 premium, another one from a Samsung tablet and a power outlet with to USB ports.
They worked fine with the gopro 5 session.
If you think is really necessary I will take photos of them tomorrow, or a video. I'm from Portugal and already late for me to do it right now.
GoPro

Hi @vampyr

Thank you for your efforts in trying to isolate the issue.

The best path forward is to contact our Support Team to further check on this.

You may reach them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hi,

I'm a new fresh owner of a gopro hero 7 black and had no other action cam before. After getting it yesterday I tried some things and made my first pictures and recordings. But for my bad the camera didn't turn on after I left it for some time untouched and shutdown. Luckily it was enough to remove the battery, press the power on button, insert the battery and start it. This happened two times and now I wanted to power on the cam but I wasn't able to start it, also with the battery removing trick.

So I tried to plug it in to load the battery and luckily the battery was dead and the cam was working again. But the last time I worked today with the cam, I had around 60-70 % battery load and afterwards I shut down the cam for some hours. Therefore the battery has drained while the camera was turned off.

Wanted to share my experience with this problem, could be a bug in the new firmware (did the update to 1.51 yesterday).

Greetings,
albflo

Tourist

Hi! In my case the camera doesn't seem to work even without the battery when I plugged it to charge... no led light no nothing. So I believe it's probably a different kinda issue. Tonight I'll address the shop of purchase to see if they get me a solution.
Thanks
Sightseer

I have the same problem.Please let me know if you can fix it.

Sightseer

I have the same problem.Please let me know if you can fix it.