Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 Black doesn't turn On

Hi,

I'm now in Canada for a roadtrip, and making timelapse movies. Turned off wifi/bluetooth, and have 6 original GoPro batteries with me. Replace them every 1.5-2hrs because batteries gone empty.

Yesterday I didn't change the battery on time, because I was almost on destination. The last 3km was no problem for no recording.

After parking I changed battery, put the empty one in the external battery loader (GoPro brand too). Put another one in the GoPro in case I forgot. But this morning, the GoPro won't turn on. Change battery, change SD-card, nothing works. Sometimes it makes 3 short beeps, few second later one beep. But turning on? No way.

Try to reset it with the power/mode button, I didn't get even a beep or something. Pulled out battery and SD-card and with 4 types of USB-C cables tried to start or reset it, without battery and SD-card. With only battery, with only SD-card and with all. Nothing works.

Pulled it on my notebook. Got an error message that the USB-device isn't working properly. Windows, you're kidding? I know that. Bad try, I hoped to use Quick to get into the camera for a reset or firmware update..

After that I left the motel, traveled around and didn't even try to turn-on the camera.

I have it now for 15 minutes on the power in the next motel. It did 3 beeps, and after that a one-"hard" beep. But turning it on? No way. Again tried it without battery, without SD-card or even without both. No one works. Notebook didn't recognize it anyways.

Some people with any idea's?

I'm bit disappointed, because last 3 weeks of my roadtrip I have 2 options: No timelapse recording, or buy a new one, with the expensive costs extra.

For my guarantee - the camera is maximal 6 months old and used in the last 6 months around 5 times, for testing it. And get familair with the device, for this trip I make.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Added: It goes after a time on, but got the message SD-card error. With a complete new SD-card, straigt out the shop. I need to format it, but the device didn't do that. It is frozen. Didn't react on anywhat I tried. Did format the SD-card on my notebook, and placed it again in the device. Even not working.

And yes, the SD-card should work. I have the same type card used last weeks.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi.

almost all problems with 'do not turn on' or 'do not charge' are a problem with the chargers.
Even a new charger could not work well with GoPro.
I have used a USB Tester to see voltage and current during the charge. So I can identify when the charger is working properly with the GoPro. The voltage must be higher than 5.05V, but the almost charges delivery 4,95V ou lower voltage.
I hope to help you guys.
Regards.
Fabio

Link of USB Terster

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32995730014.html?src=google&albslr=231550187&src=google&albch=shoppin...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Min Goprohero vill inte ansluta till Sony Xperia Z5. Är mobilen inte kompatibel med Goprohero 7 eller?
Highlighted
GoPro

@kernkam2020, typically, the connection issue between the camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here