Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black, can view media on camera but not in windows

The other day I shot a hyperlapse video. I can view the video perfectly on the back of the camera (hero 7 black) but when I connect my iPhone to the camera using the app, that video does not show up. Same thing when I put the card in an adapter and connect it to my computer. Stuff before and after show up fine on my phone and computer but this particular file is playing hide and seek.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black, can view media on camera but not in windows

Hi @timothyd78028

If you are still able to play the videos back on the camera then it means that the files is still on the SD card.

While the camera is paired, try to go over the media files and see if the video was just back dated.

When using the SD adapter, make sure that the card is unlocked.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

When you view the file on your GoPro app, you're not actually viewing the high quality file, you're actually viewing an entirely seperate file called an LRV file (low resolution video).  

Try removing the SD card from your camera and inserting it into your PC (using an SD card reader).   See if you can sort your files by name and match up the MPG and LRV files (they should both have a similar name but a different extension).  You'll probably find you have an extra LRV file that doesn't match up with a MPG.  In which case it's possible that your original file was deleted and only the LRV remains.

It's possible that your phones GoPro app is set up to automatically search for new media and download it, and the option to delete the original after download is selected.  If the download process was interupted, your file could have been deleted from your phone.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @timothyd78028

If you are still able to play the videos back on the camera then it means that the files is still on the SD card.

While the camera is paired, try to go over the media files and see if the video was just back dated.

When using the SD adapter, make sure that the card is unlocked.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Well I’ll be a monkey’s bare-a$$ed uncle! The file was backdated to December 31, 2015. I have no idea how or why that would’ve happened.
Highlighted
Nomad

If you battery ran dead in your camera the internal clock could have been reset.  Then either the camera was charged or a new battery was put in.  If the date wasn't set before recording then it could have recorded with the incorrect date and time.  Glad you found the file though!

Highlighted
Tourist

The files literally changed dates mid-stream... the ones before and after what I was looking for were correct - the one I was looking for had a different date.  The "missing" file on the camera was in the correct sequence.  Same battery.  Very weird!