Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Unresponsive, cannot turn off etc.

Hi All,

I have seen this thread become more active of late and thought I'd give an update.

After months of not gettting any updates at al for what is GoPro's flagship device, and new update was released a few weeks back. I thought to myself that this would resolve the issue, but it did not.

I logged several cases with GoPro about the issue and have actually sent 2 back ot them in the Netherlands, only to receive a brand new unit with the smae problem twice. This means I have have 3 GoPro Hero 7 Blacks that are of little use as when I need ot record, it crashes, or becomes unresponsive meaning I miss the best parts of what I would like to capture. 

I have since resigned myslef to the fact that the Hero 7 Blank is NOT a market leader, and is actually a rushed release that was never fully tested, and is not worth even half the asking price. I have now effectively lost over £340 to this, put it in a drawer, and stated to use my trusted Yi 4k+ instead. 

@GoPro - If I were to raise this again now after months of noit using the camera, I assume that I'd be told nothing can be done, is this correct? If not can you please tell me how I go about either getting this resolved once and for all, or how I get a full refund. Ideally if you are releasing a new updated Hero 8 black in the near future, I'd be more than ahppy to receive one of these free of charge to test.

I am considering now reopening the case with GoPro to see what they say. If nothing can be done, I may even consider taking them to the small claims court, althought this would be my very last option.

Tourist

Hi all,

Same counts for me I have see this threat become more active and I have to be honest that for me the price versus quality was heavily disappointing. I returned the GoPro for these reasons. I think it’s unacceptable especially the long time responses etc. But then again at the moment they are still so popular that they can afford this...
Tourist

You're lucky you can return yours for full price. For many of us, it's been more than 30 days. Some even traded in working cameras to get $100 off the hero 7 black, only to find that is impossible to get the camera or reimbursement if the 7 black needed to be returned,

GoPro

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Please do a follow up call to our Support Team regarding your concern/case(if you already have one).

They should be able to help you move forward with this concern.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I followed your adivice and it was a good idea.

I insisted on having contact with the assistance service and, after several attempt to chat with someone and after a thorough analysis of my camera, I received the authorization to return my Gopro 7 black.
Maybe if I had had a lower category product I wouldn't have had this chance. For this reason I have to say that buying from an important company is often a good idea. Now I hope that everything ends well.

GoPro

@bartravelli, glad that our Support team was able to assist you on the next process. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Your time and patience are very much appreciated.