Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 7 Black USB connection to PC issues

Am using my new Hero 7 Black for the first time. When connecting it to my PC via a USB cable to download files the PC makes the usual beep sound when a USB is plugged it but the PC does not see the GoPro. My old Hero 5 Black works perfectly with the same operation. I have tried different memory cards, different cables, different USB ports and also the GoPro Quick App but am having no success.

Please advise.

Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black USB connection to PC issues

Même problème avec la Hero 6 Black depuis la mise à jour du dernier firmware en 02.10.

J'ai essayé de brancher ma GoPro sur d'autres ordinateurs, égalemnt sur Windows 10 1909 et je n'ai pas ce souci.

Je ne l'ai que sur mon ordinateur, un MSI GF63-8RD 217FR dont le chipset est un Intel HM370.

Je suspecte donc une incompatibilité entre le chipset HM370 et le nouveau firmware de la GoPro Hero 6 Black.

Est ce que par hasard tu serais également sur ce chipset ??

Cordialement,

Guillaume

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you Guillaume

That information is a bit beyond my understanding of computer matters but I will have someone assist me with your suggestion.

Garry

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem. I have Hero7 and it used to work fine, but after the new upate it just stopped to sync with the Quik.

Important to mention that when I plug the SD card to my PC then Quick recognizes it and works fine. 

tks

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Bro

Exactly.

Someone says it has something to do with the Hero 7 device drivers but I am not clued up in that regard and so will have to get some help.

Am losing faith in GoPro unfortunatly. There is allways some issue.

Had two Hero 5's before the Hero 7 and both got water in them. I now use a dive suit even though they say it is not necessary.

Got two batteries with the Hero 7 and both the little extraction tabs on the top broke off.

Will let you know if I come right with the USB issue.

Cheers

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @giovanaf7565

Were you able to try the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej