Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black SanDisk Extreme 128 GB

Is there a reason the SanDisk Extreme 128 GB is not listed as a compatible micro SD card? My Hero 5 can use the 128 GB but not the newest camera? The Hero 7 has listed the SanDisk Extreme 32 GB & 64 GB as compatible, but not the same exact card that is 128 GB. Hopefully someone can clarify or explain.

Thanks

Backpacker

Re: Hero 7 Black SanDisk Extreme 128 GB

i use it in my Hero 7 black with no issues

Tourist

I would like to know the answer to this too!

I bought the SanDisk Extreme 128 GB and immediately had problems with it. The GoPro freezes, overheats and doesn't charge to 100%. I haven't even been able to format the card yet as it freezes so quickly (and I get too frustrated to keep trying!). I haven't been able to use the brand new Hero 7 at all as a result.

I don't understand why it would not work as the card meets all the recommended requirements in terms of speed etc. Plus the only difference I am aware of between the 32GB, 64GB and 128GB is the capacity. To be honest I don't know what SD card to buy now! I have no other use for a mirco SD card so I don't want to waste the money!

Tourist

Hello friend -

Did you resolve your issue? I'm stuck debating a uSD by SanDisk: 64GB A2 Extreme Pro, 128GB A2 Extreme, 128GB A2 Extreme Pro.

I'm specifically being careful about the A2, instead of A1.

Tourist

I've been using my Sandisk Extreme 64GB with no issues. It seems to have solved the issue. I guess the Hero 7 does not like 128GB micro SD cards.

Tourist

Glad to hear! Is your card A1, or A2 by chance?

Thanks in advance.

Tourist

Not sure. I am at work. Card is home. I can find out when I get home and respond.