Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black Pixelated Video

After my first time on the beach with the new Hero 7 Black, my video quality decreased A LOT (as you can see in the picture of a video in the countryside - it was a printscreen in the Gopro app of my IPad).

I did all the cleaning as the go pro website says and nothing changed.

Also, I instaled the last update manually, I resetted the camera and formated the SD Card (SanDisk Extreme 32 GB).

How can I fix this?

IMG_0313.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Pixelated Video

Hello @tiagod411. Was the video already downloaded when you did a print screen? See if downloading the video prior to grabbing a screenshot will make a difference.

Also test view using a different device. In some cases you may notice that video is choppy when playing back higher resolution videos that have been downloaded through the GoPro App and played back on a phone. Some phones can have a difficult time playing back high resolution video smoothly. If playback is choppy the actual video file is likely fine, it is just a playback issue on the specific phone and will likely play back smoothly on other players.

As a workaround, you can try using 1080-30 or downloading the low resolution videos instead. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tiagod411. Was the video already downloaded when you did a print screen? See if downloading the video prior to grabbing a screenshot will make a difference.

Also test view using a different device. In some cases you may notice that video is choppy when playing back higher resolution videos that have been downloaded through the GoPro App and played back on a phone. Some phones can have a difficult time playing back high resolution video smoothly. If playback is choppy the actual video file is likely fine, it is just a playback issue on the specific phone and will likely play back smoothly on other players.

As a workaround, you can try using 1080-30 or downloading the low resolution videos instead. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @mariustanya. Thanks for your quick answer.

The video was not downloaded when I took the printscreen. I tried to download it and the quality now is fine. I guess that was the problem. Thanks for you help again.

The printscreen was recorded at 1080p at 30fps. The odd thing about this is that before this didnt happen and the video quality on the GoPro app was normal before downloading.