Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black Over Heating :-(

[ New ]

That's terrible get your money back, some cheap 4K action cameras from amazon dont get hot,

come on Gopro! what's the point of only having 20 minute recordings!!

Tourist

[ New ]
They may seem to want to cooperate, but make sure to opt out of arbitration anyway to keep your options open. According to their TOS, all you have to do is ask support. I don't think the problem is fixable, personally. All I want is a refund (or a working camera) but they won't give me one.
Nomad

[ New ]

@niceoasis18120 wrote:

That's terrible get your money back, some cheap 4K action cameras from amazon dont get hot,

come on Gopro! what's the point of only having 20 minute recordings!!

And how many cheap 4K action camera can do 4Kp60 BTW? Most do 24 fps, some 30 fps. That's twice the fps and add to that the processing required to do 4K 60 fps image stabilisation, that's a lot of power required in such a small package. Mine did turn off after 35 minutes at 4Kp60 with all the bells and whistles turned on but that was while sitting on my sofa. In my real world (attached to my bike), it recorded the whole lenght of my ride, which was about 50 minutes with roughtly 10% left of battery juice.

Tourist

[ New ]
With that said, do you think it's unreasonable to ask GoPro to put an asterisk on the box stating "4k recording time may depend on thermal considerations"?

You were able to make it last an hour in 10c weather and constant airflow. The same is not possible, for example, inside a vehicle, or even outside a vehicle in my tests unless the weather is <15c.
Adventurer

[ New ]

I find that  the Body of the GoPro is made with Material that  protects from damages  and withstands a good beating,  heavy construction may be part of the cause of over heating or is it?  Metal, Plastic and rubber, and sealed  air tight,  should be intresting th Life of the actual camera over years of use howl long it will take to break down?   will Heat win?  Think not.  

Tourist

[ New ]
The previous GoPros were made of the same materials and did not overheat. Some GoPro defenders sound like cult members. Anything "negative" about GoPro products, no matter how reasonable, leads to personal attacks and insinuations one must be working for a competitor. And you manage to have the mods work around your fingers to lock threads on demand, even after you call critics "morons" and worse. It won't look good for any argument that this is a "community moderated" forum when some members of the community are clearly more equal than others.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Over heated a few times enough to cost me a camera,  Hardware fails and  the camera can no longer operate or function correctly, the warranty is no longer, and no repairs can be made, the end is over and there is no sense of continuing to bigger about it, you accept the loss. see what GoPro can offer, and make a decision. As we all had, especially me a lot of issues. I tell all like it is. that is my opinion how I express  it, I don't defend my brother but I share the same forum.  I'll read the post, and answer and help out.

One of the main gripes here is how do I contact ... We do out best  over and over to simply say    

Like I said you got a hero 5 the rubber membrain is a lot thicker then the hero 7 and also is a different chip, the funny thing is I am not going to dig 20 pages to find that link that may be part of the answer about the sensor only able to  max 48fps. that said,   let History repeat itself the hero 8 black first over heat and  who are you to blame??????

Peace not trolling I am with an over heat issue that I  had since October of 2018 the 5-17th. resolved.

Tourist

[ New ]

Are any of you noticing that the camera gets so hot you can't get the battery out of it?