Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black No Battery

[ New ]
I just bought a GoPro 7 Black yesterday and decided to set up the mount for my windshield. Afterwards when I was charging the GoPro I realized although it said it was charging, it was not detecting the battery. I have let it sit for a few hours however if I unplug the USB it turns off immediately. What can I do? I’ve read that I should update it however I cannot because I need sufficient battery to update it.
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black No Battery

[ New ]

Hello @socal370z. Are you using the original battery that came with the camera? Or the new battery (cap is blue in color)?

If using the original battery, the power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue.

Additionally, please make sure that a recommended charger is used.

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]
I am using the original battery. I’m also using the USB that came in the package with the camera.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us @socal370z

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

As this is a recent purchase, you  may also reach out to the same store or channel you got the camera from.

Regards,

Ej