Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black Livestreaming Doesn't Use Saved Camera Settings such as Zoom level or FOV

Hello!

I purchased a Hero 7 Black on Black Friday with the primary purpose of Livestreaming sporting events from a stationary viewpoint.

I've set the camera settings to 720p 60fps Linear FOV, zoomed in, and when I set up my stream, before I can go live, the camera switches to 1080p 60fps Wide FOV, zoomed out. On the camera's "ready" screen, the options to change this back are greyed out, as is the zoom function. I've done some research and learned that this flaw is present on the Hero 8 camera as well (though the 8 can stream 1080p at least)

Why is this?  If the maximum resolution the camera is able to stream is locked to 720p, why force a setting that it can't use? Why can the camera record 720p linear with zoom, but not stream it? I'm looking to get any information on how likely a fix for this is, because the wide/fisheye FOV and default zoom cause any player more than 10 feet from the camera to appear as ants. For my purposes, this is quite the dealbreaker, and a return of the camera is looking likely. 

Any and all help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Livestreaming Doesn't Use Saved Camera Settings such as Zoom level or FOV

Hi @megastorm13848

Available resolution for live streaming: 480p, 720p or 1080p (1080p only available with HERO8 Black). 

See Getting Started With Live Streaming for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Livestreaming Doesn't Use Saved Camera Settings such as Zoom level or FOV

Hi @megastorm13848

Available resolution for live streaming: 480p, 720p or 1080p (1080p only available with HERO8 Black). 

See Getting Started With Live Streaming for reference.

Thanks!

Ej