Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black LCD screen dims after a minute?

Hi, i received my Gopro Hero 7 Black a couple of days ago via Amazon and i tried recording outside today, i´m using it on a Feiuteck G6 gimbal, but what i´m seeing is my LCD back screen dims after a minute so making it impossible to see during daylight while i am filming. I bought the Hero 7 black so that i could film my daughter´s activities, but when the screen dims i cannot see anything so it´s impossible to frame her properly which is to say the least rediculous for any camera!

Does anybody have a solution as i can´t find anything in prefences that would solve the issue... thanks in advance

Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black LCD screen dims after a minute?

This is an Action camera,  

gopro allowed the camera to completly turn off after a minute and dim down on Never in the touch screen display.  To Save battery.   Use the  wi-fi smartphone gopro App  if you need to see thescreen alwaays on. remember you can capture more with less battery used that is one reason why it dims. and an Action camera that you simply frame and go.  we use these more today to Film other things....

Tourist

I´m not particularly worried about battery life as i bought the dual charger plus 2 extra batteries and also my Feiutech G6 gimbal has a 12 hour battery life and can charge the Hero 7 on the go..  I´ll have to think about returning it if there is no solution..

Tourist

I forgot to say thanks for the reply,

i downloaded the Feiyu on app for the G6 gimbal which should have given me a view of the hero 7´s LCD and ability to control the gimbal, but as i now find out - many people have problems with the connection and my mobile is no different.. getting to my wits end lol

Adventurer

you are welcomed.  I totally agree, give us the option to keep on the  screen. but that is how  gopro works