Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black Jittery Video

Once I download my media from the Hero 7 Black to my iMac (Photos and iMovie apps) the video is jittery and stop-starts constantly. This is definitely not the nice smooth flowing videos seen on the GoPro website. I am using macOS Catalina version 10.15.1 but seem to have this problem all the time with anything shot on this GoPro camera.

Are there are settings, apps or other solutions to this video problem?

Thanks Paul

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 7 Black Jittery Video

Thanks for doing that. It can be an issue with your computer's system not being able to buffer the footage fast enough to play it smoothly. If you put the file on your hard drive instead of playing it from an SD card, and making sure other programs that may be using your computer's processor are closed down may help in situations like this.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@thaitt - Can you post a sample clip so we can see what may be happening?

Highlighted
Sightseer

@jefft seems I am unable to attach a .mp4 file. Please advise how to share the file?

Thanks Paul

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

A lot of people upload to YouTube and then post a link. Also, how is the playback when you view the video on the GoPro itself?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just uploaded the video into YouTube and it played smoothly so this problem seems as though it is only when viewing on my Mac? The video plays smoothly when on the camera itself. 

I also just copied a few clips into iMovie then created a file which also ran smoothly. Guess this issue must be just the file whilst it is being veiwed on my iMac. 

Thanks Paul

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Thanks for doing that. It can be an issue with your computer's system not being able to buffer the footage fast enough to play it smoothly. If you put the file on your hard drive instead of playing it from an SD card, and making sure other programs that may be using your computer's processor are closed down may help in situations like this.