Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth failure. Super glitchy warped footage

same problem .. 2days old camera .. latest update .. 2.7K 60fps Superview. 450e camera... Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro. Your flagship feature obviously has a major flaw. Are you going to provide an update or do we all need to start sharing this further afield?
Highlighted
Tourist

Here to Confirm that I have exepreinced the same issue. 2.7k 60fps - I believe in my case that it was confusing the algorithim that the gorpo uses because I noticed it generally happened when there were droplets of water near the edge of the video. I would imagine that the way the Hypersmooth works is by analysing the edge of the screen to line it up with the next frames edge. So when there is signficant blurring of the edge, it causes the algorithim to get confused.. Just a theory. 

I must say, every other aspect of the camera has been great.

Some feedback would be great GoPro! Updates with bug fixes are even more welcome! 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @robertk402,

Thanks for your suggestion / feedback. 

We'll get back to you as soon as we receive an update about this. 

I'll forward this message to our team.

Thanks,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I'd be suprised if it was due to water droplets in my case, it was a dry day with no rain. It just started glitching on a relatively smooth section of the trail. I wondered more if it was a power related issue the battery was getting low at that part of the ride, I haven't had it occur again as yet, but it always makes me wonder have a captured a load of unusable footage, I would really like to get to the bottom of whats causing it.  I haven't had any updates on the case as yet. It does seem that there are very few reports of it compared to how many cameras have likely been sold.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah, I had a look at your and the OP's footage after posting my comment to see if there was any blurring, but it seems clear. Your power related idea seems more plausible. After looking at my footage, it was also only the last few videos that I took that the issue occurred on. The first were all fine. Pity. Hopefully, this is something that can be fixed with a software update, and not a design/power management flaw.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Seems to be affecting footage on 4k 30FPS as seen here

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-7-Black-Hypersmooth-completely-freaks-out/m-p/262992/hi...

Is anyone getting any answers from Go Pro ?