Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

@quickhero77554
Nobody is trying to, "sweep this under the rug ", but yes, LEARN THE CAMERA. You're not trying to have a discussion. You just keep repeating the same thing and then shooting down anyone who doesn't jump on your outrage bandwagon.

We can't change it, but perhaps GoPro might. Until then, LEARN THE CAMERA.

In this community, we try to help people get the best results with the camera that they have. With all the strengths and weaknesses if whatever particular GoPro that they are using.

Your not effecting change by posting here what you think GoPro should have done, or what you think they should do. You, me, aren't nearly that important. Reviews are in, most people really like this camera. Are there areas for improvement, sure. As you acknowledge, GoPro continued to work on the HERO6 stabilization, what makes you think they won't do the same for HERO7?

@stanleym7236 made a very good point about 240fps at night. Your response, "Obviously that would look terrible, that's irrelevant. No one EXPECTS that to looks good". Um, sorry champ, but people have actually complained about that. Plenty of people have no clue about fps and low light. For some of those people, when they are told about the camera's small sensor and need for more time to gather light, respond with, "GoPro should have a bigger sensor then!" or the very impetulant, "Fix it GoPro!".

2.7K (4:3)/60 stabilized linear. Slow panning with stabilization and no jitter. Got it, you want these things. You don't have these things. Are you looking for advice on how to accomplish these effects? We can help with that. Otherwise your just shouting into the wind.

I'll save you some time and effort.

Another long and pointless post from Daniel. Go away, you bore me. You have nothing to offer. Go sniff Woodman's..... I'm super important and nobodies opinion counts unless it agrees with me! Your wrong! Look, here is a video that supports my opinion. I don't care if you have the camera and enjoy it, you're wrong! You must be an employee of GoPro. My mission is just, I must inform the masses! This great Injustice must be made clear! I want it! I want it! Fix it, NOW!
Nomad

I never thought forums could be ruined by one person but you have changed my mind yet again. Get a life Daniel, please. Other people have opinions, not only yours is important. I have no more desire to waste my time on you.
Explorer

@quickhero77554
Wow, you summed up my feeling for you very well. Thanks! 😊
Adventurer

There are going to be a thousand threads  soon about Panning.....

In order to help out   I start  one resolution. one fov, the exact time it starts to stutter and hte  next and find that set  pann speed.   for now I only tossed  that clip or clips up  I want to take note that my camera works

FISH

Hiker

"GoPro reccomend turning off Hypersmooth if panning"

Do people realise how uttery insane this is. The stuttering and pausing happens in any turn greater than about 5 degrees left or right at various speeds. That is not specific scenic planned 180 pan scenes. It is all footage that is not in a straight line pretty much. And further more its an action cam so there is no time to stop mid action and turn off things. So the only solution is not to use hypersmooth. Oh dear.

Just fix it in the next update and lets move on.

Nomad

Messing with the 6 and the 7 some more.

The 6 is NOT a perfect panning machine at all.   

I demand a full recall, public apology, and a free steak dinner, medium rare, baked potato, broccoli. 

And make it snappy or I won't leave my one dollar tip.  

Also why didn't the YouTube and vlogger world alert us thousands of times that the 6 cannot pan perfectly?!

Grr

;-)

Adventurer

gopro made a book it's theirfault for not explaining everything in great detail.  For example

step one charge your camera.  No wher ein there did it say  that the camera will turn on on first charger when done, it says the camera led will go off.  

SO that said I am no pro at  all.    I'll see if fw 1.89  corrects it ifnot the nI know my answer.   gopro does listen but you have to complain at  the feedback did you?  

Explorer

LOL @stanleym7236
Good steak houses also include a free scoop of ice cream for dessert.

Just got my HERO7 Black cameras. I'll be testing and playing around with settings this week. Since I bought one for my son and brother in law as well, I'm planning on doing simulations comparisons with each camera on different settings. Any suggestions welcomed.

Please put them in this format:
Test #1 scenario (still, walk, run, bike, surf, etc)
Camera 1) resolution/fps, Protune OFF/ON (include settings
Camera 2) resolution/fps, Protune OFF/ON (include settings
Camera 3) resolution/fps, Protune OFF/ON (include settings

Video presentation: vertical split screen, horizontal split screen, or one video at a time.

Thanks!