Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

How did you revert back?

Highlighted
Explorer

@agilestoke40735

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

@danielr15

GoPro's basic problem here is that there is probably a bigger demand for the Osmo Pocket "lifestyle camera" than a waterproof action cam. Thus the unit will more than likely cut into Hero7 sales than broaden the stagnating camera market. Thus GoPros sales will be lower.  And that is certainly problematic.

BTW: there is also rumours about a DJI Osmo Pocket 2 version with a 1 inch sensor, probably due in 6 months time.

So GoPro really must step up the ante for the Hero8 next year. That basically means a GP2 chip and the cost of such LSI development has skyrocketed since the GP1 design. With decreasing sales such a replacement will be a financial hurdle.

What does any of this have to do with:

1) Current GoPro Hero7 Black camera owners

2) Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

Perhaps you are unaware, but you are a troll.  Either that, or you somehow think you've stumbled onto a stock guidance forum.  Just a little heads up, it's not.

You really don't need to worry about counting GoPro's money or concerning yourself with what they should or shouldn't do for future product releases.  Most people who own the current HERO7 Black are very happy with the results they are getting and I've seen several that express little to no interest in obtaining any other camera, now or in the future.  Why? Because the Hero7 Black is pretty close to being the perfect action camera.  Of course, that will be a concern for GoPro as they do rely in part on upgrades, but again, not mine or any member's, concern.  If anything, it's a very good thing for GoPro and the members here to have some competition.  Up until now, there has been virtually none.  Competition drives inovation.

(I took the liberty of fixing a few spelling errors in the quote above, hope you don't mind).

Highlighted
Explorer

@joshuab4087

You revert back by performing the steps of a manual update but with the previous firmware. GoPro will not provide previous firmware, so you either need to have saved a copy of the previous manual update or find someone who can give it to you.  It's not recommended, but your decision how you want to proceed.

Highlighted
Adventurer

funy how FW 1.61 works quite well, and funnyhow many still have issues because they simply think the issue was  the camera, it is the "user"  sorry  that you feeel gopro let you down because they had the rightto  do what hey want. and gopro is to blame back to getting a video outfor some one that simply wants others to do work for them what this site is about. us doing your work.  ask me two minutes later Huh what did I say..... LMEAO!

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr1 wrote

"What does any of this have to do with:

1) Current GoPro Hero7 Black camera owners

2) Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue"

1) People might saturate the used GoPro camera market if they switch to Osmo Pocket. Furthermore lower GoPro sales will impact the company going into 2019. We will know more in january.

2) There is no "EIS panning issuez" with gimbals.

PS:I wrote "issuez" so you can correct the speilling.

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

@agilestoke40735
You explained nothing, but certainly live up to being a Troll.

HERO7 Black does not have panning issues, or delayed reaction pan you can get with a Gimbal or the up and down bobbing you get when walking with one. HERO7 Black is durable and waterproof, the other camera is not. GoPro HERO7 Black has a swappable battery, the other camera does not. HERO7 has a replaceable lens protector, the other camera does not. HERO7 Black has 2.7K (including at 120fps), the other camera does not. The HERO7 Black has a full screen showing the entire view of what is being filmed, the other camera does not. The HERO7 Black has multiple FOV options, the other camera does not. The HERO7 Black allows you to adjust "Pro" settings without having to connect your phone. The HERO7 Black can actually be put in your pocket without a case, the other camera cannot. There are many more advantages like GPS and selective light metering but I really don't need to go on. This post is not about comparing these cameras, so I won't continue to highjack it into being what it's not.

However, I will say that your ridiculous comment about, People might saturate the used GoPro camera market" is so stupidly obnoxious, it's clear you're just trying to start an argument. The Osmo Pocket is nothing but a dainty REMOVU K1 without the swappable battery, mic input jack and full screen. Google trends already shows the interest is fading.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Ito the comment live

https://youtu.be/e-p5E0tqhLQ
Highlighted
Adventurer

Lol. Pocket talk: what you want to do is be careful with lithium batteries. If just the pocket you like and the concept I get that. Less is better or more is better

1. No speaker for playback
2 no WiFi in the actual device

I will stop. Am off topic and bounce is.bounce never gonna correct that. Options we have to improve our Hero was mentioned. A gimbal. Other then that. I hope that my observation today works out for me. Nasty day fw 151 cs 161. Shots. A ample pan etc.

Gonna have to watch full metal jacket scene again of Gomar doing this is my rifle