Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

Glad to know that @supervista64361,

Please let us know if you notice anything.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

@supervista64361 wrote:

*Anyway, it installed quickly and the software version number on the phone has updated so seems to be okay.

*I meant the camera - not phone!

Highlighted
Tourist

Installed the update and done a quick check. Did a slow pan, faster pan, slow pan will deliberate shake, fast pan with deliberate shake and just a shake and record. Yay Gopro looks like it has been fixed. Footage is unbelievably stable while shaking, could not see any shake and the footage was super smooth. I saw only the smallest amount of stop/start when panning really slow but not enough to be concerned about. Well done Gopro for listening to your users and fixing this unacceptable issue. YAY. No doubt a more in-depth testing will be done by the many Gopro users but for now - I’m happy.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Just a question about the 1.61 firmware. Do you notice any extra cropping? I was wondering if they have cropped the picture even more for the stabiliser? Still waiting with 1.51 to see what the masses think.

Highlighted
Tourist

There seem to be a little more cropping.
I updated one of my two 7 Blacks.
Will test some more and post screenshots.
Highlighted
Tourist

Seems working fine with the last firmware. I've to test it on my FPV quad now.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone! Thank you for updating to the latest firmware and sharing your observations here. Good to know that the reported issues are fixed. We would love to hear back from you as you test your cameras with the latest firmware. 

@roccopirr , could you please provide more details on the extra cropping that you observe? We'd love to pass this along to the team. Thank you!

Highlighted
Hiker

awesome to hear. was my only major gripe about my trip and constantly switching between modes to make sure i didnt have panning issues