Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

A software stabilization could reduce the issue but it's not perfect.

Adventurer

Cyberlink PowerDirector does a great job  stabilizing, but not on the H7B hypersmooth it  has its issues if to much applied, if asked?

Highlighted
Explorer

@quickhero77554 @agilestoke40735
Actually I work as a nurse in a State prison and am a Krav Maga instructor. I'm a father of three boys and my hobbies include surfing, judo, rock climbing, mountain biking, skate boarding, and off road motorcycle and ATV riding. I've been using GoPro cameras since the HERO HD and really enjoy the cameras. GoPro has helped me to capture amazing moments in my family's life from births to first time walking, riding a bike, surfing, and skateboarding. I don't come here for Kudos or to argue with negative Nancy trolls, but rather to try to help people get the most from their camera or get directed to where they can receive the most help. Recognizing that most people have already purchased the camera when they get here, I try not to dwell on what the camera cannot do, but rather how to help people get the most from what it can. Some would rather just bitch and complain without offering solutions beyond, "GoPro fix it", however that helps nobody. Yes, I do try to stay positive. Yes, I do try to stay focused on GoPro products. When a competitor is mentioned, I point out the strength of GoPro. Why? Because people have already purchased the GoPro camera. This isn't a tech review site or a stock tip forum. This is a member to member community of people who already own a GoPro camera. How is it helpful to bash or talk negatively about the product or people using it? To inflate your fragile ego? We are not GoPro's engineers or Support Team. The most this forum can offer are Protune setting suggestions, mounting ideas, encouragement, and basic trouble shooting (which mostly comes down to using the right SD card and performing a manual update). If the issue can't be resolved here, then we direct then to the GoPro Support Team. Why is this hard for you to understand?
Adventurer

Survivor is over this Wed. and I guess i have to pleade my case to, nope.  So   Back to  the Panning  and stutter issue it is corrected and tonight I shall be able to repeat what I shot  before . and maybe do it Live an d pick a  quiet spot but  nah I just go about waht I am after. the answer to my question and move on.   

FISH

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I just saw a firmware update yesterday that suggested this issue had been fixed, and it appears that it was. The update was actually released on December 11 and says:

• Eliminates image stuttering in slow panning shots that use HyperSmooth stabilization.

In the release notes: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Tourist

Hypersmooth is not a gimbal replacement as the media headlines like to say. It performs as a gimbal so long as you are maintaining the same composition (i.e. the shot is a stationary shot, or forward/backward moving). This is where it excels. If you pan, tilt, rotate, you will see occasional twitches.
Nomad

Also hypersmooth only works with fast shutters speeds. If you shot in dark environments or with a ND filter it's pretty much useless.

Hypersmooth is only smooth if you think fast shutters are smooth.

Nomad

@danielr15 - "How is it helpful to bash or talk negatively about the product or people using it?"

Well, if GoPro sells the Hero7 Black as a gimbal killer, which it clearly is not then I prefer to actually informe people about this fact and how a proper gimbal actually could improve their imagery.

This is a user forum and not a PR vehicle for boosted claims which have no connections to reality.