Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

@fishycomics
Now that you've mentioned it......

@agilestoke40735 WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION? 😂🤣😋
Highlighted
Adventurer

All this pocket talk. In a stutter thread. Lol. Just kidding. The funds if asked
Highlighted
Explorer

@fishycomics
It's all nonsense. I sometimes film with my LG v30, doesn't mean I don't like or would give up my GoPro. Heck, may even get the Osmo Pocket. Can't really justify it as I'm still not getting the hype, but I like gadgets and I like filming, so who knows. But again, there is no way, or even good reason, to give up my HERO7 Black. Especially for a camera with less features.
Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear ya. I may opt for an iPhone XR See Sis XS. And yeah like said maybe get one myself. No pun intended
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15

There is actually an amazing youtube video on someone shooting with a V30 vs a RED camera.  Great video work. 

Re: Pocket:

The more that comes out, the more I do not like it.  I actually wanted one before....

I would still want my mirrorless for low light and pictures.  I would still want my GoPro for action stuff or where I need something rugged.  So if it cannot replace my mirrorless or gopro then it isnt really saving any space.  If it had a bigger sensor and removable battery then I would drop the mirrorless for some trips where I wasn't taking many photos or the GoPro where I wasn't doing anything active or near water.

Family vacations - at the beach? please dont drop it in the sand or water without putting this housing on it first...Gone for awhile?  Bring a powerbank and take a long break between recordings... Need to change advanced settings... Bring a phone and dongle... You need another accessories to make it mountable so thats even more room in your backpack.  

So the tiny package is misleading because you need all this stuff with it for a trip.  But I guess it is pocketable if you are walking arouind during the day, when it is sunny out, and only plan on filinng for under 2 hours.

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya

Did it this morning via desktop.  No issues installing firmware on a windows 10 PC.

Tested a few different panning shots at different speeds, indoors with part of the scene looking out a window into bright conditions (sunny and snow). On my phone I coudln't see any issues popping up whereas pre-firmware I would have likely seen some jumping.  Would need to test it on my PC to check if there is anything else going, but looking good so far

Highlighted
Tourist

Just tested it at my work parking lot. Nice day out, no clouds. Used 2.7K 30 and 60fps (shoot in these 2 modes mostly). Slow panned left to right, down to up and reverse direction. No more stuttering! Nice and clean image too. Wish it was this way when I went to Europe. Had to leave out a lot of “could have been excellent” shots with bad stutters.
Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same experience as yours when I went to Dubai. Many shots with the jerky panning....too bad the update came late. Left Dubai on the 11th.