Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

It's Off and "Auto" because there are still some modes which support "Standard Stabilization" instead of HyperSmooth, such as 1440@120fps in 4:3 aspect, and 1080@120fps at 16:9.  

Highlighted
Explorer

I've get the difference, but that doesn't explain the extra step.  

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

It uses the same klunky interface as every other setting everywhere else in Preferences.   All of them require at least two steps to turn anything on or off.

The only exception is the four round buttons on the Preferences home screen. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

like said fw is  not saved or hidden on camera. a factory reset. resets  settings. back to how the camera only came with  the latest fw.

the firmware info can be found on the site and what it  improves.

the connectivity with the  circle  changes to an On or off, from a one press to a three press. that was the very first thing I noticed.

hupersmooth added on 4k60 from hearing others complain about not on camera.   

MP4 and HEC  renamed to higher capacity  and whatever.....

Unless you written down everything then  you will not notice it all. I do not like how GoPro  again changes things around and not tell you, it's a new learning curve all over again Lol.   

EIS yep should be  a better way of showing it and naming it if asked totally agree. Just say EIS, Hyper, OFF when pressing 

Highlighted
Tourist

My advice for pan is to shoot at 120 fps, where we find normal stabilization and not hypersmooth. then you can decide whether to slow down or not during editing. not understand why in addition to stabilization hypersmooth can not choose the standard stabilization that is present at 120 fps. at 60 fps there is only the hypersmoot choice or without stabilization. we hope that someone from Gopro will read our comments and make improvements in the next firmware update.

Highlighted
Explorer

Don't just hope they read comments, leave feedback
https://gopro.com/feedback
Highlighted
Nomad

We don't see the point @danielr15, that link probably just goes straight to your inbox.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Something that gopro will have to do is add not us  @quickhero77554 left his feedback  maybe all can do and not doing so does not get the settings  that you want on. I did.

feedback ii.png