Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

Action shot.   Moving ahead.    Really great stabilization.   Gimbal Killer.   Sony X3000 killer.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAiNdmSY5Q

Highlighted
Explorer

Got my heart pumping! Awesome how stable and smooth it is, but still keeps the viewer in the moment. Gimbals are nice, but they kill the action. This was amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Highlighted
Nomad

W zakrętach nawet siła 1G ;)

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here.
Bought two 7 blacks, after connecting them to my phone did the update to 1.51 and was dissapointed to see the stuttering.

Has onyone been able to get the original firmware file so i can donwgrade?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pjf743,

Sorry but there is no available firmware.

You may try to ask our customer support team for assistance they might be able to assist you with that.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Adventurer

@pjf743 wrote:

Same problem here.
Bought two 7 blacks, after connecting them to my phone did the update to 1.51 and was dissapointed to see the stuttering.

Has onyone been able to get the original firmware file so i can donwgrade?

Factory Firmware  good luck,  FW 1.00  only the factory will ahve it not us consumers.

Highlighted
Hiker

@pjf743 Perhaps a factory reset would take the camera back to firmware 1.0.0

Has anyone actually confirmed that the problem was less, or didn't exist with v1.0.0?  I know I've seen one video asserting that was the case. 

For those defending this behavior as "normal for EIS".   What makes "HyperSmooth" special is that it generally doesn't do what "normal" EIS does, which is stutter when the limits are reached, whether moving fast or slow.     That's the *whole point* of it. 

In every other respect it seems to achieve that goal almost without compromise.   Handling a smooth pan seems like low hanging fruit by comparison.

Highlighted
Explorer

Factory reset only resets the settings, not firmware. The firmware has been overwritten by the update. It's not stored in the camera. I haven't seen the video you mentioned, but the lastest (first) update added Hypersmooth to more resolutions, but I don't think they increased it (although I believe there was more resolutions with "standard"before), in the resolutions that already had it.

An interesting thing about the stabilization feature in the HERO7 Black is how it's selected. It seems like there either was, or is, a plan to offer more options like, Automatic, Hypersmooth, and Standard. The way it is currently presented doesn't really make much sense. You turn it in and then select automatic or off? Seems like it should just be press once for on and once for off. Why the second step if there is, or wasn't, the intention of offering more options.