Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 Black - Hypersmooth Panning Issue

[ Edited ]

Just learn and use these devices?

Let's see...ima use 240 FPS mode....at night...in the woods for a slow walk...oh yeah I forgot to remove the ND16 filter or to even glance at other camera settings.

Gawdammit the Hyped-Up-Smooth did not come on...?!?!?!!???!!!.

Later on...viewing the "footage" to be put up on multiple social media sites...this camera sucks I need a sealed replacement to make sure my sample wasn't bad. 

Days later...GoPro sucks the 2nd camera is no good too.  

Meanwhile so many keep getting great shots out of them?!!?

GoPro cameras REALLY reward the careful sort that takes times to try out things in advance and learn as they go along their adventures?

Nomad

I don't understand your point.

What does using the camera at night at 240gps have to do with anything? Obviously that would look terrible, that's irrelevant. No one EXPECTS that to looks good.

People do expect slow pans to pan without stopping and starting and ruining the shot.

Yes stabilisation can be turned off to help, is that really a viable solution? Not really because now the footage is shaky. Is a gimbal viable? No because not everyone has one.

It's so simply. Add the feature for panning stabilisation. It wouldn't be a hard thing to add.
Adventurer

I guess   this video is totally useless on panning 

Nomad

Fishy, it's a good test but someone did mention recently that the Hero7 automatically reduces stabilisation during low light shots. Remember that 2.01 update for the Hero6 that did the same?

It looks to me like that panning shot had no stabilisation active. Especially as there is no noticeable "wobble" which is typical of EIS in low light.
Nomad

If anyone is still doubting this is a serious issue please watch this video.

I'm incredibly surprised how many people want to sweep this under the rug and say "learn the camera"? This is video breaking!

https://youtu.be/ebhNabOLqNQ
Highlighted
Nomad

@quickhero77554

GoPros advice is to turn off supersmooth stabilization during panning.

Adventurer

6 seconds. is that wheere your issues lies as well  notice how I go SLOOOOw  how many  stutters or how many licks  does it take to the center of the tootsie pop.  I got  other issues that   may or may not get corrected  by waiting Lol....

Nomad

LOL, why would someone think panning is being "swept under the rug"?

Remarkable!