Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black Hazy photos and videos in sunlight

[ New ]

I've been seeing hazy photos and videos when taking the shots in high intensity light environments like summer noon. This has degraded my gopro experience a lot. Please see the attachment. How can I fix this?

GOPR1093.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 Black Hazy photos and videos in sunlight

[ New ]

You're tryingi to take a HDR image while holding the camera with a selfie stick.  A HDR image basically takes 3 seperate shots and compiles them into one photo.  If you're trying to take such a photo while holding the camera by hand or with a selfie stick, then your movements will cause this type of ghosting.

So either use a tripod and voice commands/app/remote to take a photo, or just turn off the HDR option when taking a photo.  Then you won't see any more ghosting.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

Can you use a tripod and hte timer. and see if that improved the shot,. looks like you moved and the slightest movement is the issue with an action camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

I see this quite frequently with Hero 7 Black but this doesn't happen with my session 4. Movement being an issue for an action camera sounds so ironic Smiley Tongue

Adventurer

[ New ]

shutte button the trigger, card you name it.

Nomad

[ New ]

You're tryingi to take a HDR image while holding the camera with a selfie stick.  A HDR image basically takes 3 seperate shots and compiles them into one photo.  If you're trying to take such a photo while holding the camera by hand or with a selfie stick, then your movements will cause this type of ghosting.

So either use a tripod and voice commands/app/remote to take a photo, or just turn off the HDR option when taking a photo.  Then you won't see any more ghosting.