05-30-2019 08:18 PM
I have the GoPro Hero 7 Black and I've been having issues with freezing since I've had the camera. The freezing happens 90% of the time when my camera moves from landscape to portrait. I'm using the sleeve + lanyard case, which is ideal when I'm with my family and when I grab it to take a photo, I see a frozen image on the screen. My GoPro begins to get hot and the only solution is to remove the battery and re-insert. I've reached out to support through chat, walked through all sorts of troubleshooting and it still freezes. They suggested it could be the memory card, however the memory card I use came in the GoPro package. 32gb Sandisk Extreme.
I need a memory card that is compatible for the Hero7 Black and that they are not responsible for the memory cards that come in the packages sold at retailers (ski shops, Best Buy etc..)
- Why would the GoPro get hot if the memory card isn't built for the 7 Black?
- Why include a memory car that isn't compatible? Sorry, but saying GoPro isn't responsible for the memory cards included in the package is laughable. Someone at GoPro should be monitoring and ensuring retailers are following your guidelines and best practices. After all it is your reputation. Additionally, the memory card was sealed in GoPro packaging.
I've been a huge supporter since my first Hero 3 and now I'm questioning my loyalty. I don't even want to bother using my GoPro sometimes because this is so frustrating. I'm seeing a lot of freezing issues and that is quite concerning.
05-31-2019 12:03 PM
Information regarding recommended SD cards is available on https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
SD cards are sold separately and is not included in the camera package.
Retailers set their own promotions/package with the camera. This is something beyond our control.
06-03-2019 07:29 PM
Thanks for your response. It was appreciated, however, I'm still not 100% sure I can accept this answer. I've attached a picture of the packaging.
- If packaging is out of your control, then why would GoPro include an image onto the GoPro branded packagaging? It's not like the retailer put a sticker on there. This looks like something GoPro packaged and sent to the retailer to sell.
- Why wouldn't GoPro include a discalaimer on the packaging if they were concerned that a retailer such as Best Buy would include a memory card that isn't compatible?
- The 32 GB card looks like it is one of one of the compatible cards in the link you provided. Unable to attach more than one photos, but happy to send
I honestly think GoPro owes their customers a better explanation. Maybe Nick Woodman can elaborate what is happening here because nobody seems to provide the right answer. My Hero 3+ is more reliable at this point. Do you think Apple would like their loyal users saying they would rather pick up the iPhone 4 right now?
There is no perfect action cam, but these are big issues. Unfortunately I may have give Yi or DJI a chance next time I look to upgrade. I'm sure I'm not the only one so I think you should correct this. I'm happy to join the Marketing or R&D team at GoPro and help solve these issues. Just let me know who I can send my resume to because I'm passionate about technology and ensuring things are released to the public properly.
06-06-2019 03:58 PM - edited 06-06-2019 04:03 PM
Thank you for sharing the picture. We'd like to look into this further.
To confirm, was this camera purchased from Best Buy?
Would you be able to send a picture of the SD card included?
While the card maybe compatible there are users reporting about card authenticity.
Once checked with the manufacturer, some were advised that the cards are counterfeit.
In the mean time, see if re-flashing the software will make a difference.
Most freezing issues are cleared by doing this.
Let us know how it goes.
06-06-2019 08:38 PM
I want to clarify that I bought this at a local well reputable ski shop. I gave Best Buy as an example because it is the same exact packaging.
I've attached a picture for review. What is re-flashing? I re-formatted my card after my support call.
06-07-2019 04:11 PM