Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Betreff: Hero 7 Black Freezing

My experience with GoPro and DJI     wait for the next generation models to come out and see if any improvments from other members Here. the Hero 8  should all be fixed, as wel lDJI pocket II  . my experience  with them.

Highlighted
Hiker

No, I won't buy any new Gopro before this issue is fixed for the 7. They have to earn my trust before I give them any more money.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@blueridge0012 wrote:
Guys, I was not aware that this is a "religious" topic here. Sorry
I am aware that I have to wait for the UW housing of the Pocket.
You mention that the Pocket is not focusing? Is this your own experience? You mentioned earlier you had the Pocket.
In that case it looks like both companies made great products and later start to mess it up?
Would be good to learn from you factual experience to avoid wasting money for the 2nd time...
(still I am really disappointed about the SW? quality of the 7 black)

A company Like Kodak taken  a camera and posted to Youtube for 6 months and  the camera did not  go public until all flaws were worked out. they then released the ZI8.  GoPro   did something like that as wel lDJI but Kodak did it the right way back then if asked.

SO are you wasting $$ if you go to DJI, or gopro, that  will be up to you I feel DJI needs more time, as well gopro, and more  you read here about troubles  because this is a forum mostly about troubles, support.  I have had  more defects, issues, complaints over the compliments, perfect camera's  etc.

And on ANy forun help always wins over raves

the Hero 7 black is an awesome camera to have, Oct 2019 is around the corner and not a single word will get released from gopro about it.  good luck on your choice?

Highlighted
Tourist

"No, I won't buy any new Gopro before this issue is fixed for the 7. They have to earn my trust before I give them any more money."

Amen!

Highlighted
Adventurer

yeah the Hero 7  firmwares will eventually end  maybe one more and hero 8 takes over  .

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero 7 Black Freezing

It's disappointing to hear when people have issues with their camera and are unable to get it resolved. Sadly, this seems to be true with just about any camera or piece of tech. My experience with three HEEO7 Black and one HERO7 White has been great and I use them 3-4 times a week minimum. Luckily, this send to be the case for the vast majority and the reviews continue to be great. There still is no other camera that offers so much with incredible stabilization at a very low price.

If course, for those having issues, this all means very little, and I don't blame you for having your confidence lost. Hopefully GoPro can help you to resolve your issue or a competitor can come out with a device that suits your needs.

While it's certainly probable that there will be a HERO8 released in 2019, none of us really know. Most likely there will be another firmware update for the HERO7 Black before then. I do suggest getting a replacement if you're having issues and of course, using a recommended card sold be a reputable store and manually updating. It's also a good idea to format the card in the camera before every shoot and periodically performing a FULL (not quick) format in your computer followed by in the camera.

Per the safety instructions & warranty that comes with every camera, try to use your camera at temperatures that are neither in the hot or cold range (if you do, make efforts to keep the camera at normal temperatures). In the extreme hot or cold temperatures, the camera and battery will have a reduction in performance.

Also, make sure you are playing back your videos on a system that can handle processing your videos. I'm not saying it's the case here, but I've often come across people complaining that their video stops playing and the audio continues during playback (not just with GoPro cameras), and often it's just their computer and/or media player (especially with HEVC).
Highlighted
Adventurer

Oh no complaints here.    there is a log or  is there a log report.  lets say if gopro  logs every single detail, and when a issue does  come about, all gopro has to do is say  can I see the log report.  and then  determine  that your camera is indeed a fluke.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 7 freezing is directly related to the low light setting. If I have low light setting turned OFF the camera works flawlessly. I found this out after two replacements on a week old camera. I was promised over and over the replacment would not have a freezing issue. The next phone call I was promised a replacement will fnot suffer the same issue. I can reproduce the freezing within 30 seconds of havging the low light setting turn ON over and over and over.  Turn the low light setting OFF and no freezing for a 2 hour hike. This is a firmware issue that they don't want to take ownership of. I'm making one more phone call tomorrow and if I can't get anywhere back it goes to GoPro for a refund. Now I wonder how they'll return the Hero 3+ I trded in?