Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 7 Black Firmware 1.70 Hypersmooth bug: 4K 30 fps Hypersmooth deactivates too early in low light

Hello,

excuse my bare english, I am from Germany. My problem is that since the firmware update to version 1.70 my GoPro Hero 7 Black 4K 30fps mode has a too early Hypersmooth deactivation barrier compared to modes like 2.7K 60 fps. This means that on a cloudy day in a  wood the Hypersmooth in 4K30 already fails / is deactivated automatically, while in 2.7K60 it is still "hyper smooth" without any problems. This brings me to the point, that my beloved 4K mode is unusable/useless and I can't go back to firmware 1.61, where I didn't have this problem!

I tried to reinstall the update 1.70 on several ways, but that doesn't fix the problem. Besides this I run my Gopro since I bought it without problems. 

Is this a known bug? When will the patching firmware update arrive? Or: Is there a possibility to downgrade to Firmware 1.61?

Thanks in advance!

Denis

Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Firmware 1.70 Hypersmooth bug: 4K 30 fps Hypersmooth deactivates too early in low l

Downgrade  the firmware   no links are allowed     just pick a search engine and type it in you will pull up places/