Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black Continuous recording

I have seen previous threads regarding the need for a high capacity SD card for long recordings as well as needing to keep the camera cool.  I have to record a in person training session and already have a 256gb card for the Hero 7 as well as a couple of back up batteries, but the question is that i read that I can maximize the card by changing the settings to record @ 17mbps, but cannot find anything as to how or where to change to those perameters.  As for batteries, is it possible or recommeded to run this off of a battery brick (Like what you haul around to keep your phone and other items charged)?  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Continuous recording

Hi @cgardad72

Other users suggest to remove the battery and let the camera  run off an external power source for long recordings.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

video resolution can be changed.  placing protunes will increase the Bitrate up some. and  the rest is more or less set already.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cgardad72

Other users suggest to remove the battery and let the camera  run off an external power source for long recordings.

Thanks!

Ej