Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black - Choppy playback

Yes I missed that part that you tried. Apollogese.    4K60 the hero 6 does not do so not sure why its creating choppiness.

Highlighted
Hiker

Weird, 

My laptop is fairly old and the video plays just fine for me.

Maybe a driver issue?

Highlighted
Hiker

If it were a driver i would assume i would have the same issue with file from Hero 6
Highlighted
Adventurer

If i did not say this: hypersmooth, 4L60 plays a toll. 4k30 and Standard eis  may not be as hard on the cpu.     can you put the file in an editor and does it  play correctly?

Highlighted
Hiker

Plays the same inside of Final Cut
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

The people that are saying it is playing fine on the link... Have they actually downloaded the file? Or just going by the stream? The reason I ask is because the stream is only 720 whereas the download is 4k. Fyi, the stream plays fine for me but the downloaded file freezes on the first frame on my laptop using VLC (as I would expect a 4k 60fps file to, as it is a fairly old laptop albeit with an i7 inside)
Soryy I ain't got a solution but just wanted to make sure about the stream/download feedback you were getting.

Highlighted
Hiker

I downloaded it. Worked on my computer and worked on my phone
Highlighted
Hiker

I downloaded the file and played it with SMPlayer and it played fine.  However if I switched the SMPlayer output driver from vdpau (Nvidea) to anything else the playback slows so are you using hardware or software decoding for HEVC?