Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black Chaptering not working

[ New ]

Hello

When I'm filming with my gopro Hero 7 the Gopro stop recording ater about 8:53. I think it's related to gopro's chapter function. The gopro stops recording and does not create a second video file represeting the second file of lets say the 15min clip,  so I'm loosing a part of my video footage.

Hardware:

- Gopro 7 Black

- Sandisk Extreme 64GB Class 10 U3 V30

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Chaptering not working

[ New ]

Hello, @scottpe. Chaptering only splits files but should be causing the camera to stop recording. As long as your SD card has enough space and the battery is charged to allow the camera to continue working, the recording should not stop. 

When you observed this to happen, did you have to manually start recording again? 

If not, the camera must have continued recording. In this case, see if you will be able to find the other chapters using this file naming convention.

Let us know what you find out. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Chaptering not working

[ New ]

Hello, @scottpe. Chaptering only splits files but should be causing the camera to stop recording. As long as your SD card has enough space and the battery is charged to allow the camera to continue working, the recording should not stop. 

When you observed this to happen, did you have to manually start recording again? 

If not, the camera must have continued recording. In this case, see if you will be able to find the other chapters using this file naming convention.

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!