Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 7 Black Camera freezing and recording isn't missing.

Not sure about the manual update. I updated the firmware through the iOS app, and I also performed a system reset on the camera. I’m still having the freezing problem, and it looks like other people are having this trouble as well. My question is this a known issue with the software that will be fixed in an update or do j need to return the camera for a replacement? Thx.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

Check the manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

And yes that kind of problem can be solved by update.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya

First exchange was with Amazon Australia. Second (and likely third) is JB Hi Fi here in Australia as well.

I went through @robert1326 steps for a manual update last night, gone to use the camera today, dead battery (was 100% 18 hours prior). Will try 4k 60FPS and various things this week to see if Freezing issue is still occuring.

I've read through other posts on this forum, plenty of people having same/similar issues. one person said they feel "like a Go pro beta tester" and i must admit i feel the same... the camera has been commercially available for 2 months now.

It would be great if Go pro could admit there is an issue with firmware/hardware (which im not expecting) rather than asking people "what SD card are you using?" and " Its probably a bad update, try the manual update"

There is clearly an issue here.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@mariustanya& @robert1326

Ok, so its been 5 days since doing the manual update, following step by step.

Guess what? exact same issues.

Will be returning my 3rd device today and will re-purchase the Yi 4k+ Plus.

On a random side note, i had a look at the GoPro Inc share price today..$4.31...the company is worth US$623m ...3 years ago the company was worth almost US$9.0bn....there might be some basic explanations for that.

Highlighted
Anonymous

After manually installing the update, I'm still having problems with the screen freezing.

Is this an issue that GoPro is working on, or is this specific to a small number of cameras? I'm wondering if I need to return my camera and have it replaced.

Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

You may contact our customer support team and check with them.

They might be able to help.

You may contact them via phone or chat: 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

i have the same issue. just tring the manual update and format of sd card as mentioned by another poster.

I had loads of problems with my hero 6 and ended up retutning it in the end. i hope this isn't going to be the same. For the price of the cameras i don't expect to have to keep messing about with it to get it to work. especially as they are supposed to be ab action camera. by the time i get it working (pulling batteries out restarting etc). the action has finished. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes... I continue to have the same freezing issue with the camera. I spent an hour on a chat with support. They wanted to make sure that I had the right card, even though the freezing still happened when I wasn't recording. I had a recommended card, and the support person tole me that cards are consumable, and only last for a finite amount of time, so I spent $40 to get two new cards, and still have the problem. 

The support person promised a transcript of the conversation and a reference number for my problem.

Never got one.

I'm back to square one.

I think need to return it and try again before giving up.