Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 7 Black Battery life issue without using

i got some problem of gopro hero 7 black when not using and gorpo was turn off when the next morning battry life become 0% and need...and in the same time gopro hero 7 black very frequenly freeze screen in 1 day will freeze screen more than 5 times..

my gopro hero 7 black was in latest update version. 01.70. 

Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery life issue without using

There  are Two topics about Battery drain, do take a look for them, they have a ton of just information.  can lead to a battery  made in a country to a sd card used. also to settings that are   left on.  It can also be a firmware issue.  And reflashing is not the answer, so make sure you check out the topics on the site.

Hiker

1st.. i already write there my firmware version.
2nd my question is battery drain without using mean the device is OFF
Adventurer

Camera correctly set up by Following the  guide of the camera  You  then shut down the Wireless Connection and should not have a drain.  SInce you never mention any settings I suggest  looking into that, as well do a factory reset and again follow the guide and when it asaks t oconnect your wirfi and gps Decline it.  Also  in the mean timeformat hte sd card   if youknow how  to do a full format even better..  and  also read the two topics you will see you  are not alone.

Hiker

thanks for advise

Adventurer

If you go to the two topics like I said and read up the battery, the sd card, and well firmware are why the camera drains.   one big isue is leaving  settings on so you havet o learn the camera  do not leave Voicecommands WAKE On on that will deplete the can in hours  ,, Wifi will not that will drain a percent a day  if  not used.   the bluetooth  will shut things down, not wake On.

Hiker

I never use voice command..wifi off.. Before the in full charge if i not use for 2 or 3 day it still got battrey.. Recently when i full cas i off the gopro when the next day i open on it, it cannot turn on due no more battrey...i read all those topic before i post.. But no 1 topic match with the problem. That i facing.. Anywhere thanks. In advance for ur advise.. I trying do reset and test..
Adventurer

Use your warranty if the issue continues. And until you get a perfect camera