Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery discharges overnight

In my case doing the manual update seems to fix the problem. The problem did not occur anymore since I did the manual update (downloading from GoPros Website and place on SD card...).

Highlighted
Tourist

I did it 2 times at the beginning of last year and it didn't change anything. GoPro replaced the camera, new manual updates and still the problems Smiley Sad

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @vindav09,

Have you tried disabling your wireless connection and voice command before turning off the camera?

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I did, everything is disabled, no GPS, no voice command, no wireless, I got the camera in January 2019, I tried everything which can be possible. I switch off the camera, switch it on 1 hour later, sometimes less, it could be 20 minutes and the battery is dead. It's very annoying.
To "solve" this problem I have always 3 batteries full loaded and when I switch on the camera I remove the battery but it's very boring.

Highlighted
GoPro

Not really sure why it's happening @vindav09

It would be best to report that camera to GoPro's customer support.

The replacement camera provided by GoPro works most of the time since they tested it out before sending it out. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

wont solve anything. All cameras are the same as the problem is the type of the chip, or/and the quality of the firmware, which is surely very low, probably because gopro employ bad programmers.

I've newer thought that gopro will have ANY problems, due to it's 10x price than my chineese camera, but gopro have even more problems!

I'll never recommend gopro products to anyone, i'll recommend to avoid them, as this isn't worth the money. Even without these problem, gopro have awful softwares, including firmware, desktop and mobile applications.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@graytree76514 , I reported it to Gopro 2 months after purchasing my Hero7 Black. They replaced it but nothing changed. I contacted GoPro again, they asked me to do some tests, update manually, try with another SD card, but it was all the time the same. They sent me a new battery thinking the one I had was defect but I knew it wasn't that because I already bought a second battery. 
I contacted them again end of last year but this time I never got any answer or help.

@disconnect , which model would you recommend. I'm tired of my Hero7, too many problems and now very often the display freezes during the recording.
I've been looking to the DJI Osmo Action but this time I want to be sure I won't have so many troubles. 
I started with GoPro with the Hero2, then Hero3 and Hero4, so I have lots of accessories and I would prefer a camera compatible with GoPro to be able to continue to use them again.

Highlighted
Hiker

Dont know, but even if have the same defects (i dont know) sjcam for example has half price. The only difference are brackets for the camera itself, other parts are just the same for nearly every camera, as all take gopro acessories as an example.