Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Black Battery / camera overheating

[ New ]

I have a Hero 7 Black which my son bought me for my 60th birthday last year (September 2020) but due to lockdown i have never really used it.

I used it today to record a flight on a Seaplane annd found that the camera got very hot and shut down after only about 12 minutes of use and the battery had gone completely flat from 100%.

Having got home, i inserted a nnew battery and the camera restarted and said it was fixing files.

On import to my laptop, i had two copies of each file, one which camme up as an error "file scale = 0" and the other plays, but looks a bit shuddery.

Can you shed any light on what the problem is? Or do i need to return the camera under warranty?

Thanks

John

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery / camera overheating

[ New ]

Hi @johnm6244

What SD card are you using? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

Do you have the camera up to date? 

Please try re-flashing the software. Follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Once done, do some test recordings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery / camera overheating

[ New ]
It was a Sandisk extreme pro 128Gb and everything was up to date. I got Customer support on the phone and they have arranged a replacement camera.

Thanks for your help anyway.