Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

Greenboost, I would not waste anymore money buying new cards, etc. The product is flawed and per my chat with tech support, this issue will not be resolved. I have started my return and will not waste anymore of my time on it. I will try hero 8 when it comes out.

Adventurer

Noticed a lot of comments on that video you linked to are from people reporting no issues. There are some who seem to have similar complaints, but it certainly doesn't seem like a universal issue.
Hiker

Maybe I'll exchange it for a different unit and see what happens.

Tourist

got the same iissue, charged up 93% then froze. had to remove the battery. SD card is a ScanDisk Extreme 32gb UHS-1. Just removed sd card and trying with out. It was on 17% at first use and i had no issue with firmware update.

Sightseer

i got the same issue. i charge my Goprohero7black for 3 hours and just got maximum of 98% before i go to sleep. the next morning i cant turn on my gopro. i unplug and plug the battery and still not turningo on. then i decide to charge it then when i turn it on, the battery is 1%.

43058604_314949949296170_8275525226243031040_n.jpg
Sightseer

i got the same issue. i charge my Goprohero7black for 3 hours and just got maximum of 98% before i go to sleep. the next morning i cant turn on my gopro. i unplug and plug the battery and still not turning on. then i decide to charge it then when i turn it on, the battery is 1%.

43058604_314949949296170_8275525226243031040_n.jpg
Sightseer

I just bought my hero 7 and have the exact same issues. Stops charging, freezes when I try to update and when I finally updated and everything worked I needed to take out the battery because it froze. At first I thought it was a problem with my charger but now I have tried multiple changes and the same issue accursed. Stops charging at around 80%. And it gets insanely hot when charging as well because it freezes under charging. Please fix this ASAP.
Nomad

@josepha840

Yes this happening with mine too. For some reason GoPro love to jump to the "Check your SD card and do a manual update", but in reality this is a fault with the camera the don't want to admit. It needs fixing NOW via a frimware update.