Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

GoPro way of answering is we are well aware and  have passed along to our Engineer team,  keep updated by checking your App or the update page.    these things takes time and the Hero 8 will be out by then an they will let go the Hero 7.   Maybe gopro should  say  we'll trade  you up no charge  to the Hero 8 when out just use thje camera til lthen????

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,this is exactly the issue  but it depends on what features you still had enabled and wether this was just sitting without use

would have been nice to se you power on then  off again to see wether it still reported 87% but  13% in 8 hrs if it continued 26% in 16 hrs  etc unknown wether it would continue discharging at that rate well I like most seem to be putting up with this issue waiting for a fix because even those who recieved a replacement seem to still have the issue

I'm just keepng mine charged  when i know i want it keeping files off the SD card  all quick capture  wifi bluetooth voice control turned off and making sure I get a clean fast shut down

Cheers,Brent

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, One would hope this will be the case but without an official statment Acknowledgement from gopro about this issue

we don't have much clout with warrenty extended warrenty depending on where purchased  in most cases the product will only be replaced with the same model unless the other is discontinued and unavailable so in that instance we would be no better off

Cheers,Brent

Highlighted
Tourist

I used my GoPro Hero7 black two days ago during a sunset hike. Everything was working fine. Today i turned my camera on and no reponse. I tried connecting through cable and when the camera turned on, it showed as if no battery was inserted. Tried my spare (off brand battery), and the same report.

So i was browsing around for what the problem might be. Note, i couldn't update a firmware because it needs to have a working battery inside of the GoPro in order to update. I tried removing the SD card. Nothing.

Then someone noted that they are plugged through their Apple adapter. And voilá, GoPro is back to charging. For some reason, both my batteries were totally drained, and GoPro stopped charging through other adapters.

So if you have the same issue, make sure your original GoPro cable takes juice from outlet through Apple adapter. (It did not work when connected through USB in my laptop.)

I'm trying to fully charge my camera now so i can do a firmware update. And if it gives me any more headaches, i will be returning it or tossing out of window. In the two months that i had this camera, it has given me a fair share of headaches (overheating, freezing during photo or video mode, draining battery ultra fast during a few hrs of skiing, not turning on with a simple push of a button, etc.), and I'm very casual user, no rough housing, extreme conditions or intense recording. And wasn't this supposed to be an extreme sports camera? Sarting to doubt that, GoPro!!!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Micro SD SanDisk has a problem with extreme battery drain!

Highlighted
Hiker

I plugged into the camera a new micro SD Kingston and the battery did not drop when the camera was turned off.

Highlighted
Adventurer

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Battery-Drain-cards-only-GoPro-Hero-7/m-p/325479#/M91338

the thread  I just made we can document the card or cards there  so if you feel you got the drain  what was jsut said within the last few posts you can  post and see how many people if they follow  a simple task have....

Highlighted
Adventurer

So I am grabbing my camera that I charged two days ago with the Samsung card. I checked it yesterday, forgot to grab it , and just now it is still on 100% even turning on I eexpect to see a 1% drop due to start up, shut down and that  quick look around.