Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

[ New ]

We can beg to differ and np there.

As we meantion over and over its  a Full format already again noted, and a quick format already noted, just repeated info.  If GoPro  follows this other company putting a full format  setting to the camera would that solve your problem, I bet not.

Samsung select plus has different  generation cards they come in colored formats and  well for me I just  got a 64gb card class 10 U3 rated for 4k not for the gopro but willing to put in and use,, the Key word was Class 10 that is Failure. it's an official Samsung card. wil ltaht drain my battery   Lol   nope.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Fantastic! I love the ideas you bring here. I bet there are many readers of your blog who have changed their point of view after reading it!

Adventurer

[ New ]

Oh Wellwhat am I again t odo my RMA camera just  totaly dead from gopro a week plus later. yes it's all Gopro putting a dam gremlin in there. what are my settings as always not a single thing on  but yeah I had GPS enabled   since   a week and al lworks fine  left alone so what caused it.   more or less a UNSTABLE product on the Market known as GoPro Lol  yeah  no big deal.   just once again its fire & Ice.

Adventurer

[ New ]

So as I paid attention to charge  my camera's and two of hte camera's dead both the GP-1 Chip camera's the other is an Ambrella chip one.

I knoticed I left my GPS on   and  made a thread to GoPro that they admitted to the Quick desktop needing to be taken care of in order for the guages to work wit hteh Hero 7, while others says it working.

Only GOS was enabled, never set the Voicevcommand up,  so it leads to GPS draining because I left it on, Lol  will it?  I left my gps on the Hero 6 for days  and it  still had power but  now  both happened to be drained.

I had placed a new card fully formatted, quick formatted and in the camer format.  I am now keeping an eye on the camera  while it is in a cool  to touch state not warm at all at 90 plus percent about 93% to be exact.  should take aa few hours to see a drain.  and funny the time is off by  three hours so maybe its trying to talk to a Atomic clock Lol

Go figure   ifit was not one thing it's another why I  call it a Pet Rock

Adventurer

[ New ]

So this is my Update today. Nov 2018 China battery gave. Signs of  it  not working;

a  red flash a second later  solid red charge.

a red flash twice  a second later red charge

a three beep camer shuts down  three beeps ~

Ac in left on in AC mode charge indoator  increases  very slow, hours later  it's  increasing.

Records via AC in to Battery and unplufs   instant off, plug ac back turn back on repairs and ready in ac mode again.

Records via AC in tobattery running over 30 minutes, while charge continues to show 93% (  SD card will be full before bat goes out 64gb)

Battery chips can give these are the symptons of a Bad battery that is  4 months old, while an Oct 2015, and 2016 battery  still works perfect both veitnam, and not china.   Replacement is on its way marked as defective and recycling.  Thank you gopro support for all your Help a one time  bat exchange. the least they coulddo, no questions asked..  thank you for listening 

FISH

So if this post can hep others understand you exhaust all options even swapping batteries, usb cords  etc the last thing I did not do was check for voltage on such a small hard to touch area, not worth the  trouble causing a spark or smoke..

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same things happened to many of us and seems like gopro team doesnt have any solution for us. These are problems they can't fix at the moment. Very disappointment. We paid for the camera and we got lots of problem with the screen freeze and the battery. It is just not acceptable with a brand new camera.
Is there any good suggestion can really fix the problem other than keep asking people to try this try that (which they know those aren't the reasons which caused the issuessss )
And is there an email u can provide us to contact for after sales support, instead of this useless copy and paste official reply ! Looking forward for your helpful solution!
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi guys/girls,

The battery depletion overnight happened again Saturday night 3/16.  I actually logged everything I did this time during the week so here it is.

SD cards were formatted clean to start the week off (3/9, or 3/10).  I commuted to work 16 miles one way on 3/12, 3/13, 3/14.  So that's 6 charge/ discharge cycles there between Tuesday to Thursday.  I did a bike ride for about 20 miles on 3/16 Saturday.  As you can see, the distances are roughly the same so the card usage is about the same.  I have 2 H7 (lets call them H7a, H7b) and 2 separate memory cards, one for each camera.  After each use here is exactly what I did:

- every ride was recorded using quick capture, press record to start, press record to stop, never did a power on /power off

- remove memory card from H7

- plug the H7 using its own USB cable to charge

- content of memory card are 'cut/pasted' out to my Windows 10 laptop

- after camera is fully charged, check it was full, turn off (fast turn off with no delay), unplug from USB charger

- insert memory card

On Sunday morning 3/17, when I was getting ready to go for another group ride, H7b was completely dead.  I was surprisingly not that frustrated this time as I was well prepared and just put in a spare and chuckled at GoPro.  hahaha.

This morning on 3/18, after the bike ride on 3/17.  Both H7s were good (same steps as above after the 3/17 ride).

So, with the above info, I can't gather anything that would indicate it's on us user end that is messing this up.  GoPro has a glitch/bug/problem/whatever it is in their camera and they are staying quiet and completely ignoring us.  So out of 8 cycles each (from 3/12 to 3/17) between the 2 H7s, it happened once.  If anyone has any idea, I guess I can try and test it out too.  But the random nature of this makes it very hard to debug/diagnose.  The interesting part is that now, the battery depletion issue has happened 6x to me, 3 on each H7.

In summary, it seems to circle back to the only true work around being removing and reinsert the battery as the "very last step" if you don't want any surprise battery depletion.  I will be sticking to that for the time being until GoPro has a fix or others have suggestion that would make sense to try.

Cheers to us end users in this community, thumbs down to GoPro!

Hiker

Betreff: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

[ New ]
What if GoPro already knows about the issue and they stay quiet since it cannot be solved.

By now i would bet that this is a design HW failure. Maybe in the chipset itself.