Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

I just recently bought my first GoPro Hero 7Black.  First GoPro ever.  The battery is atrocious... I canot make it through a 1.5 hour Soccer game.

My battery also only charges to 98% and dies over night when the device is off and I have to charge it again.  I am so confused.

I think it is time to return this thing and just do my iPhone.

Tourist

Sorry, I meant to say 30 mins and half switch and it is dead.

Recording in 2.7K
Tourist

Buy extra batteries till the update arrives.

Tourist

Gopro. Please fixed this issue seriously. This issue not new. Its happens since previous gopro until my newly purchase gopre hero 7 Black facing the same issue charge up to 98% and years passed no fixed being done yet? We consumer not the tester paid by gopro to test and report all the error as this camera not cheap. Come on, this is your last change to make good your company reputations. How are we going to help you if you don't help youself. I believe more will stop buying your product if this keep happening.
Tourist

Yeah, that's a viable option but I would strongly suggest to invest on the GoPro dual battery charger. That will mitigate the problem entirely from charging on an external device. Hopefully the update and solution to the internal charging rolls up soon. All the best
Tourist

Sorry to say external charging is not an option.  If external charging is only the solution, Gopro should at the very 1st stage to omit the internal charging option and to include in the external charger for recently launched flagship GP hero 7 black so that everyone knows that Gopro for now onward have no more internal charging (but which is not supposed to be as many branded cameras nowadays can hander both charging and camera). Again, I wanted to stress that consumer buying this product suppose and should use it directly without any issue as Gopro should had tested this product before launching and selling rather that consumer paying lot money for the product to test this product and inform gopro the issue being made known few years ago which doesn’t get fixed which for me doesn’t make any sense.

“CONSUMER HAVE THE RIGHT”

For me, Gopro hero 7 black is really a perfect camera. I like the built of the camera and the images quality it’s performs. Only downside the battery charging issue spoil it. Gopro, fix this issue soonest possible so that we can again trusting this international branded product “GOPRO”. And hoping don’t go “Bankrupt”. ALL the best Gopro. We love gopro.

Tourist

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello @redriver0444

You can check this article on HERO7 Battery Information for approximate, continuous recording time in minutes when using a fully-charged HERO7 camera for basis. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hi @mariustanya, are the times posted on this continuous recording with the screen on? Because I have a screensaver that turns on after 3 mins, and definitely that setting is significant with regards to the battery decrease.

GoPro

The times posted are continuous recordings, @redriver0444, with only the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Voice Control off.