Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

Siguen con el problema ? solucionaron ?

Gracias

Highlighted
Tourist

I have this problem too. Tested this way: charged fully, after first 24hours it was 100%. Switched off, reinserted battery. Every following 4 days did the same: check, 100%, reinsert battery and after 4 days it was still 100%. Before 5th day I didn't reinsert battery and it drained till 95% per 1 day. So, for me obviously, it's software problem. Waiting for the update.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi well thats not bad this issue seems random I have experienced total drains but over the last week I have had no issues at all

when I know I'll be using the camera next day I leave it on charge overnight just to be safe

I an mconvinced this is a firmware issue to do with the shut down of the camera I think even though it is turned off I suspect sometimes it does not shut down correctly therefore it is actually still on or in a crashed state that is the conclusion I have come to after a month

but I have all the functions turned offwifi bluetooth voice activation I think without looking quick start is still enabled

but as I say I have  found a full battery every time this week  after 12 -24 hrs of it just sitting there the other ocasions twice it was flat one time it was down to 27% now flattening the battery really annoys me because that is two battery cycles gone as I said in a previous post never flatten your battery that way you never use a cycle a cycle is a full discharge and recharge working on the assumption we get roughly 500 cycles on a battery maybe more maybe less before it needs replacing so if we never use a full cycle the battery should last for ages

and dont forget not all batteries are created equal one gopro here seems to loose a few percent after a few days while the other does not

So I'm convinced this issue related to the actual shutdown of the camera and it is random

Cheers,Brent

Highlighted
Tourist

I got a new Gopro at Xmas, whilst it has not had a great deal of use, the battery is definitely an issue, well the one in my camera is. Judging from the posts I'm not alone. The camera has been fully updated to the latest firmware, the battery then fully charged. It dropped to 92% in a few moments and kept dropping....I suspect the maximum running time would be in the region of 20 minutes, however its dropping charge pretty dramatically even when its just switched on i.e. not taking vide or photo's. After the initial charge I let it drop to empty and fully re-charged it. I next used it to film some ski holiday footage.......the battery was at around 80% when i went out, after 9 minutes of videoing (ok it was quite cold) the battery was sub 20%. I'm going to buy a second battery and see if that performs as poorly.....in my view its either a problem with the batteries themselves or something in the camera circuitry that is causing major power drain...or it could be the firmware.

Highlighted
Nomad

This is by far, the biggest issue that gopro should solve as soon as possible.

Have 2 hero 7 camera's. They both drain there battery with 5% in 24h, this is not a big deal if you know this.

The BIG issue is that it  completely drains your battery empty from time in about 2h.

This happens when the camera is powered off, it seems that it keeps on working without showing it. The camera gets warm and you cannot power it on anymore. If you leave the camera like this, the battery is empty in about 2h. If you notice this on time, the only way to power on again, you have to remove the battery and reinsert. ( I use it for watersports, so removing the battery then is not an option).

This issue can happen at any time.

So at this moment, the hero 7 is by far the best camera ever if you look to image quality, but by far the worst camera if you talk about reliability.

So GOPRO TEAM, SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Highlighted
Tourist

@foggybeach8632  This is exactly what I have been experiencing.  Thank you for confirming.

Highlighted
Hiker

@foggybeach8632 wrote:

This is by far, the biggest issue that gopro should solve as soon as possible.

Have 2 hero 7 camera's. They both drain there battery with 5% in 24h, this is not a big deal if you know this.

The BIG issue is that it  completely drains your battery empty from time in about 2h.

This happens when the camera is powered off, it seems that it keeps on working without showing it. The camera gets warm and you cannot power it on anymore. If you leave the camera like this, the battery is empty in about 2h. If you notice this on time, the only way to power on again, you have to remove the battery and reinsert. ( I use it for watersports, so removing the battery then is not an option).

This issue can happen at any time.

So at this moment, the hero 7 is by far the best camera ever if you look to image quality, but by far the worst camera if you talk about reliability.

So GOPRO TEAM, SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Same here.

I used my gopro past weekend. Battery left at 95%. After 5 days I have found it fully depleted. No way to turn it on.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just upgraded from 5 black to 7 black. Fully charged it last night, went out to test it in the morning and the battery was completely dead. Found this forum and it seems that people have been complaining about it for almost 5 months. Can’t believe there is still no fix for it.