Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

Does Support have the answer for Battery Drain.  They have  replacement camera's.   Will they have  a updated camera with no battery drain. SUpoort will have replacement camera's As long as the warranty and Plus or care pkg is  in order?  Will gopro replace wth a newer model the hero 8 black, Support will have that answer.  Will GoPro   allow you to downgrade to  the Hero 6 Black  Only support will have that answer.

So if you are unhappy

• Contact Support
  • Ask them about   swapping to the Hero 8 Black
  • Ask them about  swapping to an older model
  • Ask them about extending your warranty
  • ask them about new firmware to  correct the camera
  • ask them

Ask a Representitive at the GoPro Support. and enjoy your camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

And do you REALLY think support will set a precedent in doing any of the stuff you suggest??
Highlighted
Tourist

Fishycomics.
1, Support contacted. New cam, same as old.
2.Hero 8 not out yet. Not likely to get
response.
3. But I paid for the new and improved newer model.
4. Don't need a warranty extension. Still ok there.
5.Asked them when new firmware available. Their engineers can't say.
6. Do they have an answer for random battery drain. NO. they do not.

Fishy. Don't appreciate the bold type or your insinuation I am an idiot. If you have run out of constructive help. I thank for your past efforts. I'm sure you cannot have missed the others who continue to have difficulties in the same or similar vein.
Highlighted
Hiker

After 8 days without using my hero7 with the battery inside the camera, the battery dropped 1% of charge. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @greenboost65412 @konstantin30287

A manual update should take care of the battery not reaching 100% issue.

If the last update was not done manually, please proceed in updating your camera through https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Other users also suggest that after charging your camera fully, remove then reinsert the battery.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi konstantine.
Thanks for your input. Out of curiosity, can you tell me what version software is in your GPH7B?
Highlighted
Hiker

Software version1.70
On page 127, (ten posts above) you can find the procedure i followed with my hero7
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Konstantine. It has been said that moving from V 1.61 to the latest version not required as they are not experiencing this issue. Hence my question. Spoke to gopro call centre in Philippines yesterday. So awaiting on a response.