06-23-2019 03:39 AM
Does Support have the answer for Battery Drain. They have replacement camera's. Will they have a updated camera with no battery drain. SUpoort will have replacement camera's As long as the warranty and Plus or care pkg is in order? Will gopro replace wth a newer model the hero 8 black, Support will have that answer. Will GoPro allow you to downgrade to the Hero 6 Black Only support will have that answer.
So if you are unhappy
- Contact Support
- Ask them about swapping to the Hero 8 Black
- Ask them about swapping to an older model
- Ask them about extending your warranty
- ask them about new firmware to correct the camera
- ask them
Ask a Representitive at the GoPro Support. and enjoy your camera.
06-23-2019 06:35 AM
1, Support contacted. New cam, same as old.
2.Hero 8 not out yet. Not likely to get
3. But I paid for the new and improved newer model.
4. Don't need a warranty extension. Still ok there.
5.Asked them when new firmware available. Their engineers can't say.
6. Do they have an answer for random battery drain. NO. they do not.
Fishy. Don't appreciate the bold type or your insinuation I am an idiot. If you have run out of constructive help. I thank for your past efforts. I'm sure you cannot have missed the others who continue to have difficulties in the same or similar vein.
06-28-2019 07:43 AM
A manual update should take care of the battery not reaching 100% issue.
If the last update was not done manually, please proceed in updating your camera through https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black
Other users also suggest that after charging your camera fully, remove then reinsert the battery.
Let us know how it goes.
06-29-2019 05:33 PM